Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I want to buy some Cortech sport saddlebags for my '05 yellow sv650. I can only seem to find blue ones for sale. So my question is, would blue saddlebags on a yellow bike look bad? Also, would i be able to put the bags on my bike and still have the seat cowl showing. What I mean by that is can I have the straps under the cowl and not on top of it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
So I think I want to buy some Cortech sport saddlebags for my '05 yellow sv650. I can only seem to find blue ones for sale. So my question is, would blue saddlebags on a yellow bike look bad? Also, would i be able to put the bags on my bike and still have the seat cowl showing. What I mean by that is can I have the straps under the cowl and not on top of it.
Color combination is a matter of taste. You will have two primary colors. It will be bright and bold. Some people might avoid that combination because they think it looks child-like or cartoonish. Go all out and get a red tank bag and you will certainly have an attention-getting look that might please you. I bet if you post a request for someone to photoshop your bike with blue bags someone will bite.

As for putting the seat on top of the connecting part, I would guess that you won't be able to get the seat or a cowl to latch in place, especially without chewing up the material. However, you can try it when you get the bags and find out for sure, no need to speculate. If it is really important, you might be able to find a way to do it.

May be a silly question, but did you check eBay?

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Blue saddlebags on a yellow bike would make your butt look big. They come in black. Black is slimming. Mmmmm-kay?

I own a set and have never tried putting the cross straps under the passenger seat. Apart from interfering with the seat latch, I think doing so would make the bags droop lower and would likely result in a pipe burn on the bottom of the brake side bag.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Do the cortechs have one big wide strap or two narrow straps?

I have Ogio bags, and regularly put them under the rear seat on my 1st gen. I just tried putting them under the seat on my 03, and it was a very tight fit, I could see the straps eventually getting damaged. If it were one big strap in the middle it would work better. I might just have them modified to do that....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Blue saddlebags on a yellow bike would make your butt look big. They come in black. Black is slimming. Mmmmm-kay?

I own a set and have never tried putting the cross straps under the passenger seat. Apart from interfering with the seat latch, I think doing so would make the bags droop lower and would likely result in a pipe burn on the bottom of the brake side bag.
How do you attach yours? With mine, I put both large straps on top of the passenger seat, two small support straps to the passenger pegs and the other two some how attached to my license plate braket(fender elim.)

My bags seem to slip forward though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How do you attach yours? With mine, I put both large straps on top of the passenger seat, two small support straps to the passenger pegs and the other two some how attached to my license plate braket(fender elim.)

My bags seem to slip forward though.
Same here.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
+1. I also often use the top bag as well. That has bungee hooks that I attach in the same places.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Do the cortechs have one big wide strap or two narrow straps?
Oddly enough: both. One wide up front and a thinner one at the back. Fits fairly stable with the stabilizing straps on the fender in the rear and the passenger peg brackets up front.

I've got a set of black ones which I don't use since getting hard cases. I'm in the middle of a move right now but once I'm unpacked they're yours if you want them. PM me or something and we'll figure it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts