Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...for Valentines day.

Let me give you a little background..I told Tracey from day one, one thing I do not believe in is the BS holiday of Valentine's day. Up until this year, I have given her nothing for the BS holiday....no flowers..no candy...no nuttin.( I give her that stuff other times of year just for the heck of it..I do not need a d a m n holiday to tell me when to romance my woman.) This year, when she was finally expecting to not get anything...I got her a nice little diamond bracelet. She has been eying some for a while now, so I surprised her..and of course gave it to her a week early...more of my oppressing of the Vday.

Well, she decided it was time to get me something I have wanted for a while too......a flat/panel screen monitor.....I have looked at them a couple times, but being the cheap bastid I am, have refused to spend over $200 on a new monitor.

Well, we were at Circuit City the other night, and she called me over to the monitors....which, like everything in the store, were on sale. She asked me if I wanted one..I said sure....so she paid for it. Really, when married, our money is our money..but its nice for her to whip out the money sometimes. We were in there looking for a deal on the TV's, but they did not have good enough deals yet...I'll go back when they are 50% off, and not just 25%.

We got this Acer 22" for ~$160 OTD.

Oh yeah.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Dang, I may have to run down to my local, $160 for a 22" Freaking cool.

I got a card. No monitor, no boob. Dang. There's always tonight I guess...

Congrats Dug

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, we just got a new bed too...so I got some other stuff..but we'll keep this a family show. ;D

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
That thing is twice as big as your TV.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The TV was just to listen too while being online.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Very nice, matches your Dell as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
timing timing timing. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thats awesome Doug! I got a whole lot of nothing for V-day, oh wait...I got some tic tacs. Lol, I'm thinking about hitting circuit city today to see if they have any deals on 52" LCD TVs.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd think plasma in that size. better picture quality.
Yea? I'm a dumbass when it comes to TV's I know the plasma's are cheaper than LCD's and that's about it. I've seen some LCD's w/ really nice pictures and I've heard horror stories about plasmas running real hot and burning out and blah blah blah...I'll definitely take suggestions from people who know though!

Doug...sorry for the thread jack man!

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I'm no expert by any means. And I dont even think they make plasmas below 50", but i do know that plasmas have better picture quality, but other downsides. Sorry to jack the thread and then not have any real backup info, but if you're going to go larger than 50", definitely search around for info on Plasma vs. LCD.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
...for Valentines day.

Let me give you a little background..I told Tracey from day one, one thing I do not believe in is the BS holiday of Valentine's day. Up until this year, I have given her nothing for the BS holiday....no flowers..no candy...no nuttin.
Your quirkyness never ceases to amaze me, Doug. But I'm glad that you're gradually lightening up, you old softy ;D

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
I just paid $140 for a 22" at OfficeMax. :nana:

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
ahhh, the ol' "we're goin outta business and givin you a deal" gag.

works every time.

hey doug, you should have a liquidation sale, it might make ya rich!

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your quirkyness never ceases to amaze me, Doug. But I'm glad that you're gradually lightening up, you old softy ;D
yeah, who knows...maybe you'll start shopping at Wally World. LOL

I just paid $140 for a 22" at OfficeMax. :nana:
yeah, but I did not have to get on my knees like you Aaron, my friend. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts