1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MOTORADOR
10,962 Posts
Huh... nice hand guards.

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
I don't have 13 minutes to waste. Can you post the highlights / funny outtakes?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Should have just gone through on the road...like the scooter did (3:20) :lmao:

That sucks though, at least you made it back safe!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Entertaining.

·
Registered
723 Posts
You're right! You're an idiot. Nice off road work. Lots of guys would pee their pants just to have to ride their bike off road, let alone through water crossings full of rocks. Good job getting it out of the deep water too. Still an idiot though. Fun vid. Glad I had 13 minutes to spare. Thanks for putting it up. Proves that the worst day of motorcycling still beats most other things.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
OK, so you see water over over the road for a wide stretch, but you decide to go where it's a more narrow crossing? Tough way to learn that the same volume of water in a narrower "river" means DEEP water.

It could've been a really bad day for you if you found yourself under your bike in a deep wash of water.

Also, on the stretches where you did stay on the road, you should be more in the center. Water rushing over pavement can undermine the roadbed and leave the edge of the pavement unsupported or broken. It would suck to find a large hole where you thought there should be pavement. :eek: Better to follow a car or truck so you know how deep it is and that the road is still intact.

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
shoulda stayed on the road. hard to tell where the holes are (as you found out)

good on you for trying though.
wait, isn't vegas like in a desert or something?

·
Registered
217 Posts
My pathetic jobs not nearly important enuff to try all that to get there. Are you an air traffic controller or something? My boss can kiss my @ss if he thinks I'm ever gonna go thru all that to get to work. Sorry boss ...flooded... Can't make it my friend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I know. Tough lesson. I didn't go on the road because some cars didn't make it and got washed to the side. I was late for work and wasn't thinking.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That Range Rover must be driven by the same kind of person as over here. Pretty much everyone I see has a self absorbed and inconsiderate muppet behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
All in all, for an SV you my friend are one heck of an off roader!

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Did you remember to lube the chain the next day?

Is it still an SV325?

We want an after action report.

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
That Range Rover must be driven by the same kind of person as over here. Pretty much everyone I see has a self absorbed and inconsiderate muppet behind the wheel.
as a former big truck owner, i felt it was my duty to run over all the things every chance i got.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.