Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

I am planning a few long(er) trips before the winter, but I am dreading the long drowning hours @ highway speed.

I tried to rig up some kinda of phone headset, but the wind noise is too high above 40mph to hear anything.

Thinking of some kinda of headpones too, a few tunes (not too loud as to still be able to know what is behind you)

what/ how did you guys rig up for audio/phone in your helmets?

Q

·
Registered
76 Posts
chatterbox is what your looking for...you can plug cell phones into them

·
Registered
787 Posts
i use my ipod sony head phones not the stock ones they came with but the 50 dollar upgrades that go inside your ear, they are great i can hear my music at anyspeed even with an aftermaket pipe on the bike, pluz when your not listening to music they double as ear plugs so you don[t geet all that wind fatigue

·
Registered
430 Posts
for long boring hwy trips I'll use my mp3 player and use the armband to put it on my right forearm. I use Koss headphones that are like $15 and modified a pair of 33db earplugs and stick the little ear tube through them. works perfect. No wind noise at all.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
A pair of sony headphone ripped apart with only the speaker elements and holder left, velcroed into helmet. interconnect wire from that to the MP3 player mounted on my front brake reservoir and I'm jammin all the time. Pass 70-80mph wind noise is a problem but I never ride with out it and playing now!!

Total cost - $8 for the 1/8" stereo interconnect cable.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts