Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (in my twenties) I thought I was pretty quick on a local racer road. I rode a Norton Commando which, in it's day, was pretty fast. One evening's spirited ride found me feeling pretty smug when going through some third gear esses, then a guy on a BSA 441 "Victim" passed me on the outside and gave a polite nod and wave.
I became friends with the guy, he seemed ancient, all of 50 years old and I was 23 or so. Lordy he could ride. Smooth as glass, never out of shape, and usually with a big grin.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I haven't been on Palomar in years.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Took a walk up the hill across the street from our house the other night. Nice view of the mountains I have the privilege of riding:

Good shot of the nearly full moon over the Valley:

Our dog:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got an action camera a little while ago. I'm not the most tech-savvy so I'm learning this stuff slowly, here is one with the 4k lens. This is me following my buddy on his gsxr750. It was early, we were just taking a nice easy cruise up the south grade of Palomar. You will see no knee-dragging in this one ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got out for a little spin for the first time in a bit. Wound up hitting a pothole couple weeks back which took out not only a pair of wheels but my new Pirelli Diablo Rossos 😓 Installed a used set that shipped with some Pilot Powers mounted and I'm pretty happy with them. They're quite soft so I guess I'll see how they last.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts