Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (in my twenties) I thought I was pretty quick on a local racer road. I rode a Norton Commando which, in it's day, was pretty fast. One evening's spirited ride found me feeling pretty smug when going through some third gear esses, then a guy on a BSA 441 "Victim" passed me on the outside and gave a polite nod and wave.
I became friends with the guy, he seemed ancient, all of 50 years old and I was 23 or so. Lordy he could ride. Smooth as glass, never out of shape, and usually with a big grin.

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Took a walk up the hill across the street from our house the other night. Nice view of the mountains I have the privilege of riding:

Good shot of the nearly full moon over the Valley:

Our dog:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got an action camera a little while ago. I'm not the most tech-savvy so I'm learning this stuff slowly, here is one with the 4k lens. This is me following my buddy on his gsxr750. It was early, we were just taking a nice easy cruise up the south grade of Palomar. You will see no knee-dragging in this one ;)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got out for a little spin for the first time in a bit. Wound up hitting a pothole couple weeks back which took out not only a pair of wheels but my new Pirelli Diablo Rossos 😓 Installed a used set that shipped with some Pilot Powers mounted and I'm pretty happy with them. They're quite soft so I guess I'll see how they last.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'll shoot a pm your way. Slow is good through there honestly, I learned to ride it pretty fast but that gets expensive ;) With all the good scenery it's a good place for cruising!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got out Friday (and Monday!) over the holiday. My riding partner traded in for a new KLX300sm and I'm pretty sure he picked up the best pair of wheels for our riding route. Low power, revs, loads of suspension, solid feeling brakes... this thing is a hoot! I'm jealous

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Friday off; had breakfast w Julie and she's off to work, I'm off on the bike. Fantastic ride, crazy lanesplitting and work traffic just getting to the start of my route! Lots of people out.

I rode DeLuz down to Fallbrook and back, the SV is utterly flawless. It's hard to improve on this bike for a good time.

I don't stop to get photos when I'm riding, which is a real shame. The canyon flora is fantastic now. Good news is the wife got a new iphone so I can start using my 360 camera again. I really liked that thing but it only functions well through the iphone app. I'm a bit of a beater android fellow myself.

Anyway, should be a great day. Meeting a buddy for lunch up in Elsinore so the garage door goes down until another day. I need to figure out a non-working headlight on the 250 but that may not be today.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I've been wrenching on my 250 a lot lately and it's finally seeing some more miles. I put about 130 miles on it Fri and Sat out in the canyons and it was a great time. Gosh, this bike sounds like such a race bike at 10k rpms :LOL: even with stock exhaust! What a blast to ride! I got it airborne a couple of times, once by accident; chased a way faster bike and started closing the gap :p but ran out of tarmac before we split off on different routes. Small bikes are just fun, that's all there is to it. What a fun toy.

I collected video but haven't taken the time to download any of it yet. Maybe I'll do that this week. Here is a pic:
Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

21 - 34 of 34 Posts