Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did some wrenching on the bike today and wound up swapping from my 15/47 setup to a 15/46 and I am shocked at the difference! This one tooth switch inspired a ride on the local roads by my house, I thought I would share some pics I got when the beauty of the scenery surpassed the fun of the roads.

DeLuz, California

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, looks good. I was in California once, went down to pick up a 66 mustang and trailered it back. I enjoyed that trip. I sure am jealous of the warm weather for sure. Looks like this week itll be nice and warm out-at last we can rid ourselves of the snow and our riding season can begin!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks great! Wish I could join you guys. I managed to plow my bike through the ice to the garage and prep it for riding, hopefully later this week. Its supposed to be 15C(60) out. Fingers crossed. All my riding friends are getting antsy too. Snows melting really fast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
East Grade at Palomar is soooo good right now. Fresh clean pavement (assuming rain and snow didn't wash in debris). South Grade, not so much:(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
East Grade at Palomar is soooo good right now. Fresh clean pavement (assuming rain and snow didn't wash in debris). South Grade, not so much:(
Were you out Saturday? It was pretty good, at least after the damp areas dried out. Although it's a potholed as ever up by 4000', that hasn't changed.
DeLuz was a sandy mess last week, I'm hoping the upper 80s/low 90s temps dry out those spots soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, I haven't been out there since last month. I just love that they finally finished repaving the whole road, especially in comparison to the South grade. That side is unrideable on anything other than my SuperMoto.

·
Registered
68 Posts
(y)(y)Boy do those roads look familiar. I lived in San Diego county for 28 years. One of my favorites was if I recall the name, Mesa Grande Rd. just south of Palomar/Henshaw. I'm in Prescott, Arizona now and there are some enjoyable twisties around here but not as many as So. Cal. Have fun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That looks great! Wish I could join you guys. I managed to plow my bike through the ice to the garage and prep it for riding, hopefully later this week. Its supposed to be 15C(60) out. Fingers crossed. All my riding friends are getting antsy too. Snows melting really fast.
Ufff...you might think about moving to warmer areas...cant stand snow even we get it here on East Coast...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
(y)(y)Boy do those roads look familiar. I lived in San Diego county for 28 years. One of my favorites was if I recall the name, Mesa Grande Rd. just south of Palomar/Henshaw. I'm in Prescott, Arizona now and there are some enjoyable twisties around here but not as many as So. Cal. Have fun.
I was just down by Mesa Grande last weekend. It is beautiful out here, my wife and I moved out here for the landscapes, weather etc. I do try to appreciate what I have available to me, you never know how long a good thing will last!

·
Super Moderator
8,541 Posts
Amazing how quick a good rider can hustle an old heap through the twisties :oops:
And how much fun can be had on almost anything with two wheels, handlebars, and an engine. (y)

My first street bike was a '78 Yamaha XS500. It was a pos compared to modern bikes but, man, I had a great time on that machine.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I remember the xs bikes, passed up on a few xs650 choppers back in the day. Probably handled a bit like my buddy's Bonneville above: steer it with a tiller and a stop it with prayer!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts