Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this trojan/virus called win32.fafi on my PC and I decided to reinstall windows with the hope of getting rid of it. I think I got rid of the virus.

Now I need to transfer the contents of my ipod touch back onto my hard drive. I have never had to do this before, as I am a little new to the ipod world.

Can anyone recommend any good programs to do this? I am looking at software called copytrans right now, but it would be helpful to have feedback from others here.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

· Registered
963 Posts
Just a suggestion, but you can also use your ipod as external hard drive, you just have to put it in "disk mode". After you get everything back running back up your music files with your ipod. Yes i have my music on my ipod twic-once in the ipod software and once in mp3 format in disk mode. I keep some other important pics, moveis and such in there too. of course I have a 160gig ipod so lots of room.

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your feedback, guys.

I have about 10 gb of music on there, and it's a 16gb ipod. Not sure if I can use it as a disk to back up my stuff. I read that Idump does not work with Itouches. I know there are other ways to do this...just need to read up.

Any other feedback would be helpful though. Thanks agian.

· Premium Member
14,958 Posts
I picked up this trojan/virus called win32.fafi on my PC and I decided to reinstall windows with the hope of getting rid of it. I think I got rid of the virus.
Got to learn not to open attachments and get some spyware that scans downloads and attachments before you open them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.