Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Does his badass image include stabbing at exposed battery terminals with a screwdriver?
Sorry that made me laugh...

Cute kid, how old is he?

·
Registered
667 Posts
My son does the same thing, Lately he's been trying to adjust the muffler with a broom:) He knows it need to be changed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My daughter loves to help me work on my truck and my bike. She started around 2 yrs old. Now with my son I have two "helpers".

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At least Judah is helping fix it this time. The last time he messed with the bike he stuffed a couple okra from his mom's garden up the tailpipe. I rescued one, but wasn't aware of the other one until I started the bike.

The hidden okra shot out the back, and my oldest son almost collapsed laughing. ;D

·
Registered
44 Posts
My son loves helping me work on my bike! Its funny, all the youngsters seem to be obsest with the exhaust! Thats my sons favorite part to work on. Maybe because its big and shiny. Well it was funny till my wife tried to corrupt him and get him to help her in the garden; the next day I had a running hose stuffed down my exhaust with water spewing out... He thought it was hilarious when I fired it up and shot water across the street.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
don't you love when they stab er I mean wrench the plastics. Especially when they put some umpf into it. great pic

·
Registered
69 Posts
all fun and games till some paint gets scratched! :p

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
all fun and games till some paint gets scratched! :p
HAHAHAHA

"oh that's so cute...................god d*mn it put down the screw driver...oh sh*t thats a deep scratch....awe dang....honey can you watch him....d*mn"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
don't you love when they stab er I mean wrench the plastics. Especially when they put some umpf into it. great pic
Yeah -- Judah was headed toward a big groove in the tank. I almost took the screwdriver away, then realized he'd probably be safe if I just took the screwhead out (one of those 4 screwdrivers in one things.)

Its hard as a dad to go the extra bit to figure out how to let a kid be involved as much as possible while still preventing damage to both the work and the kid!
My knee-jerk response is to just not let a kid help -- but I'm learning little by little how special the times are when I can work on including my kids in whatever I'm doing to whatever capacity they are able to handle it. Pretty inconvenient a lot of the time, but usually the best call to make, IMO. :)

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
My daughter has to help whenever I'm wrenching. Wrenches make great hammers also, so be careful. In the end I realize, the bike is just an object that goes away but those hammer marks she put in with the wrench are the memories that will last forever, Not to mention they make for a better story then "I forgot to put the kickstand down"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts