·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M

·
0 Posts
:shock:

I always ride with my full gear (I just need some good pants) even if it's very hot. I never though about riding without my gear ... after seeing this I will NEVER ride without my gear.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I have no sympathy for the guy with the beanie helmet.

The bad hand injury was definitely pretty bad...

·
Registered
198 Posts
donniej said:
I have no sympathy for the guy with the beanie helmet.

The bad hand injury was definitely pretty bad...
my gloves' leather has been rotting (with the rain and my sweat) a little, so i think im gonna get some new ones this afternoon. nothing like a gory picture to scare me into "safety first" mode again. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That just reafirms my choice for wearing all my gear all the time.
Be smart, and ride safe everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I looked through that the other day. Doesnt change my attitude a whole lot though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yea I saw those on another site the other day. Dinner? no thanks.
Anyone wana buy three bikes :oops: :wink:

:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
excellent post, ppl need to see that shit to learn man

i always wear my gear, whether im going 100 feet or 100 miles, no room for error

im thinking about getting some better gloves tho, hrm

D

·
0 Posts
riding gear

Hi all,new to the forum and wanted to tell about my little encounter today.Stopped at the gas station to fuel up the SV to hurry home before the storms hit,i was wearing my usual full gear,Suzuki pants,First Gear jacket <thick has a mother,plenty of armour> SIDI Boots,gloves and Shoei Helmet.Well there is this group of kids/guys all on Gixxers,R1's R6's and a few Honda,all wearing shorts some with no shirts on.Well one the the "gentlemen" holers over at me and asks why i was wearing all that gear and was i wearing it to look cool and if i was i should have been riding a better bike than that girl bike.Well i kinda lost it,walked over to the "gentleman" first thought was to bitch slap him so hard his granny would scream ouch,but instead,i casually unzipped my riding pants from my jacket and dropped them right there in the middle of the gas station lot,pointed to the scares running from my knee to ankle and the 15" scar on the lateral part of my leg and said "thats why" calmly pulled my pants back up and walked over to my bike and finished pumping the gas..guess i got a little annoyed by the little bastage
sorry for the long post,just wanted to tell this story and to prove idiots are everywhere

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DragonsReign-- I thought it was going to be "...and I dropped my pants right there to show this punk what a real set of nads looks like..." or something to that effect. :lol: I like your version better. 8)

Cool? Not trying to be. I would much prefer to be a nerd with all of his skin than a skinless cool guy. It only takes once...

btw, welcome to the site!

Ride well...

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The "degloving" picture (the last picture) was definitely a climax in that series for me. That's freaking sick. And it made me hungry.

Josh

·
Registered
124 Posts
No glove, no love

seriously, that's the only pic i looked at... daaaaammmmnnnn

I hope my mom never see's those or i'll never hear the end of it :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
man, where is that barf emoticon when you need it...

i'd rather sweat than bleed anyday...

- alex

·
Registered
158 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW

Welcome to the site dragon, good story
I'm glad I dident have to learn the hard way, for like the first two months I rode with just a helmet. Then one of my friends told me a story like that, and I have been wearing gear ever since. That was 5 years ago.

·
Registered
247 Posts
DJ_Saunter said:
I hope my mom never see's those or i'll never hear the end of it :)
My mom has been an ER nurse for 35 years. When I got a bike several years ago, she was hysterical for about a week, then went out and bought me my first set of leathers. I still haven't heard the end of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts