Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lightened flywheels avaiable for purchase/trade. Send me your flywheel and I will send you lightened machined piece. 4 options available and in stock.

1st gen SS - 75

1st gen SB - 100 (total loss-no charging)

2nd gen SS - 75

2nd gen SB - 90 (retains charging ability)

I am also doing machined/lightened starter sprags.

1st gen - 65

2nd gen - 50

Reply here or email me - [email protected] for photos and information.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Do you have any pictures or more information about what is being done?

Interested in 2nd gen which retains some charging abilities.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im having problems with a few problem photos on my home laptop. But ill be over at the shop tonight to pull some off of the computer there.

The process is simple and essentially the same as everyone else from Spears or Zoran, both of whom do excellent work. The SS flywheels have the OD turned down from the front and back up to the triggers. The superbike rotors have the magents removed, the front of the flywheel is removed up to the triggers and the OD from the rear up to the triggers is turned down (1st gen) the 2nd gen superbike rotos retain three magnets and look simlar to the SS rotors with a bit more material taken off in a few places. They are then checked for balance staticly and adjusted if necessary.

I have a few different sprags, some are done by CNC and some by hand on a mill. The resulting weights are very close. The manual ones look cooler but the CNC ones are fast and consistent and a bit lighter.

Ill get some photos and weights up tonight. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts