Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an Acerbis Blitz headlight on my bike. It uses MR16 bulbs. Stock is 35 watt on that headlight. Upgradable to 50 watt bulbs without issue, as I was told by Acerbis customer service.

Could I use one of the MR16's with LED's in it for a brighter light? Could this cause any kind of problem for me at all? Or, should I just go with a brighter halogen bulb in place of the stock 35 watt bulbs?

·
Registered
424 Posts
LED is not going to be same light. You would find out that the throw of the light would be way off and all over the place. Looking AT the light it would seem brighter but riding you would have lots of light all over and very little on the road.. I would say stay with the bulb..

Alex

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LED is not going to be same light. You would find out that the throw of the light would be way off and all over the place. Looking AT the light it would seem brighter but riding you would have lots of light all over and very little on the road.. I would say stay with the bulb..

Alex
Thanks for the info.

That's kinda what I was wondering. I have never really messed with LED's before and I honestly have no clue how the light throw would have been.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts