Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the fork tubes on the SRAD are 55mm. So, the LP headlight brackets are not going to work. I have an idea about using 3/16" steel to make a bracket off the front of the frame/ neck. I would like to use fork tube brackets, but do not want to write a CAD file and have anything machined.

Post up suggestions, etc.

I have a stock SV headlight, dual Hella setup (can be mounted from the middle or the sides) and a single 8" light with a single bolt mounted at the back towards the bottom.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was looking around at the Suzuki dealer and the DRZ400SM brackets are almost 60 mm, I bet they could be easily adapted to the SRAD/Gixxer front. I am going to use the LP brackets with a TLS fork.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The LP brackets work fine, I'm currently using them on my SRAD front end. However, they need to mount above where the fork leg bulges to pass through the bottom triple. What I did was use the LP clamps, and then I modified the stock part that actually go between the headlight and the fork to move the headlight a little more foreward and down so they'd clear the gauges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts