Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I hope this thread finds you well on a beautiful college football afternoon. Clemson is currently in their second game of their march to the BCS Title Game (Obviously I'm reaching on that one, please suppress all hating on Clemson for now). Over the past few weeks, I've done some mods that I've been very pleased with:

Installed Dog Bones to raise tail 1 1/2".
ZX10 shock
Adjusted fork pre-load to my weight (around 200)
Progressive fork springs
Made my own ******* exhaust setup that actually sounds nice :)

Raising the tail and making the suspension stiffer has made the biggest improvement for me thus far. I don't claim to know anything about the geometry or engineering of my new setup; I just kept adjusting and testing until I couldn't stop grinning every time I saw a sharp backroad. Doesn't look much different, but it really feels like a different bike.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mcfloyd, looks good. I dont have much to add other than WEST VIRGINIA has some great twisty backroads........ And we got ya beat in football too, remember the Orance bowl! Haha, bike looks great, I used a 636 shock on the rear of mine. Have a good one. Jeff

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mcfloyd, looks good. I dont have much to add other than WEST VIRGINIA has some great twisty backroads........ And we got ya beat in football too, remember the Orance bowl! Haha, bike looks great, I used a 636 shock on the rear of mine. Have a good one. Jeff
Should have seen that one coming haha...but in all fairness, WVU is a VERY underrated program and they have a better BCS winning percentage than any school outside of maybe Florida. I could see them doing it again this year.

I just got back from Clemson's game today, took some windy back roads on the way back. My current setup just eagerly dives into curves and pulls out of them with just as much confidence. It's definitely less forgiving around town (pot holes, grooved pavement, etc.), but certainly not unmanageable for any competent rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts