Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do braided brake lines have a lifespan? I've had Goodridge brake lines on my bike for nearly a decade now. Do I need to look at replacing them anytime soon?

I've tried calling the company, but the guy I need to talk to won't return my calls, and they're just generally really bad to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Goodridge are crap, both in quality and in service.

The ones the dealer installed (first screw up), had the banjo fittings rust and I mean really rust within 6 months of installing them on my bike. I had spec'ed Spiegler when I brought the bike in and they told me they were out of stock and that Goodridge "were just as good" ... ::)

For the following two months, I had parts falling off my bike such as the horn, gas tank mounting bolts and a couple more that I no longer remember. The bike never went back to the dealer. I do my own work or I find someone that knows what the heck they are doing and bring it there.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Now to answer your question. Braided stainless lines last literally forever. You do have to inspect the braid to ensure that none of it is breaking. The lining is Teflon so doesn't deteriorate. If the hardware starts rusting you need to clean it up and paint it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts