Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop I just had my first service wants to sell me a kit for $189 and charge $35 to install a top of the line license plate conversion kit.  I cannot stand the OEM license bracket now.

Is this worth it?  Should I do it myself?  I forgot the name of the eliminator kit, but i did see that it sold for $189.  Included everything including blinkers.  Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Re: License PLate conversion

i assume you're talking about a fender eliminator?

most of the aftermarket, non- DIY kits are about $150-$200. it took me a few good hours to get mine on, so it's a peronal decision if it's worth the $35 to have it done for you. if I had to do it again, i might seriously think about letting them do it, especially for $35.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am going to get it and have them install it.  After watching the owner of the shop do my 600 miles initial service I am quite impressed.  Plus I saw the kit and it made the bike look HOT!  Good for 20+HP, :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
The only thing to consider with that one is if you ever want a high mount pipe. I sold one that was similar to that because of my pipe.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
ronlarimer said:
The only thing to consider with that one is if you ever want a high mount pipe.  I sold one that was similar to that because of my pipe.
i forget why. was it because the pipe blocked the signal? or the FE got in the way of the pipe?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
ronlarimer said:
the pipe blocks the right singnal when viewed from the right lane.
yes, but that's the case with nearly every highmount pipe. a reat solution is the clear alternatives piece, which ron has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts