Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going with Hot Bodies for my SV's rear but if I can avoid drilling into the undertail for the license plate mounting I'd much rather go that route. I know DougZ made brackets but it looks like he's taking a break...Does anyone know of other aftermarket brackets that work with the HBs setup? thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the same boat dude.. Have my plate zap strapped to my rear pass peg at the moment.. Doug said he would make my licence bracket about a month ago now but I recon he's pretty busy working on his own bike .. I know tite bikes used to make a swing arm mount but they don't anymore. May be stuck waiting for Doug or fabbing one up for a shop to cut...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I use velcro for now, at constant 120mph it dindt flew off... so I think its pretty solid, just clean up everything well before u stick it right under the turn signal...

but idk if its good under the rain, thats why im looking for something else, but with good weather it does the job.

ill get some pics if u want

·
Registered
317 Posts

you have to bend the plate on top so that its flat for a decent half an inch or an inch if possible... and as I said, clean everything before sticking it, and when u do stick it, take ur time to press it goood so its really solid...

or you can put it like that, which is super solid for sure, but you risk to get pulled over if the cops are ****** in your area...

** what i thought of doing also, is to stick it on the velcro when im in the city, and put it down under the hotbodies when im on the freeway, only need 2screws and a little philips, its a 1min job so might be a good idea...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the pics bud. I may just use that idea.. The hotbodies tail is really nice but you would think they would have designed a better way to fasten the plate. If there was somewhere I could buy one I would in a second but it seems nobody does..

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hopefully this coming week/weekend I can get back into making these. Sorry for the delay. I am still not gonna be able to start up the machine shop work anytime soon, but plate holders should start being available again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I need one too, mine is side mounted next to the swing arm. It looks good but has no lights at all on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts