Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading so much about riders getting pulled over for not having a license plate light or plate just no visible enough.  My plates a visible but had not plate light so I decided to mod my fender eliminator.  Mover my plates down and mounted the factory plate light right above. 

Before

After

I know it ghetto but it works.  I'll fill in the old holes and repaint it black.  Should look alot cleaner then.
So what do you all think? ::)

;D rocky mountain H20

·
Registered
71 Posts
you better bend that plate back...first big bump you hit, or corner you hit hot, or you wheelie, that plate is gonna get rolled under when the tire hits it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can see from the old holes, I only moved the plate down less than 2inches. I've had that same fender elem. on since I bought the bike and have had no clearance issues.
Guess time will only tell :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
the top of my plate is pretty much right up against the undertail, and mine has to be bent way back not to hit...I guess it's a weight thing...I weigh about 200.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yup...That's my next mod. Looks good - I don't think that you should have trouble with that...Infact, I don't see what was wrong with it before really except the missing light.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you need the light and don't like the way it turned out...go with somthing like these...can be gotten at cycle gear...
These aren't really what I was talking about but the closest I could find online...at cycle gear they have white directional lights that aren't LED, but are still license plate bolt lights, they work great.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but cops are way too strict everywhere but Alabama. When I first got my bike, I had flashing blue LEDs all over the place. I had them hidden in all the cracks and crevices. I even had those goofy little valve stem lights that look like circles when you ride. The only thing a cop ever said to me was, "damn, that's cool".

btw, don't ever buy those. They will bend your valve stems over at high speeds and can cause valve stem failure. That = blow out and destruction. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm more interested in the license plate cover he used in the 2nd photo ;D Nah, lsounds like a good idea and simple too, if you have a clearande problem with that you really ought to look into a enduro bike or super-motard.......

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i dunno i haven't had a plate on my bike for close to 3 months and i haven't got pulled over yet. i keep it under my seat just incase i get pulled over i can say it fell of (depending on how dumb the cop is) but it think tonight i'm going to mount it to the back of the battery box. it looks like it will fit perfect and be visible enough just need a light to put on it (with a cut off switch for going through EZ pass.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who ever said to bend my plate was right. After coming home through a ride through the twisties I noticed that my plate was WAY up. Didn't feel it happen. Can't believe how much travel the rear shock allows. :eek:

·
Registered
745 Posts
You have got to be kidding! There's like a foot of clearance in the picture. Are you still on a stock shock?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
WeezerKDI said:
You have got to be kidding! There's like a foot of clearance in the picture. Are you still on a stock shock?
You'd be surprised how far the wheel can move. It got me too. Crazy world we live in...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts