Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to have the bike serviced again, i'm going to ask for spark plug replacements, which should i ask for? to my knowledge they have never been replace, nor has the battery, the bike has 11k miles on it...any info would be most appreciated :)

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Denso or NGK.

You can go w/ just a std plug, or w/ teh Iridiums.
Its really just a preference thing, but there may be some very minimal performance improvements w/ the iridiums. I doubt hp gains, but some claim smoother idle & better throttle response.
I have them, and the bike runs great w/ them, but I cant say it wouldnt run just as good w/ std plugs instead.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i just can't remember if they've ever been changed or not so i was wondering if theres a better brand so i dont get some bogus suzuki brand or something...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok great thanks for the info :)

another stupid question, where are they located? am i going to have to pull off my full fairitngs to get to them like i have to do when i get my oil changed?

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
novakane said:
ok great thanks for the info :)

another stupid question, where are they located? am i going to have to pull off my full fairitngs to get to them like i have to do when i get my oil changed?
Im not sure what you have to do on a S model.

You'll have to lift the tank to get access to the rear plug. Pretty easy to get to.
The front plug is behind the radiator, and its best to take off the horn, unbolt the bottom of the radiator, loosen the top, and pull the radiator toward the front while you're working behind it changing the plug.
For the S, you may have to pull the fairing to get at the radiator.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Nova, for you, I'd say pull the fairings. I don't see how you can get behind the FULL FAIRINGS on your bike without taking them off.

But Dave's description on how to get access is right on. Oh, and use the spark plug tool that came with your bike for the front. It makes it soooo much easier.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh man now ur really gonna make fun of me

which tool is that? *sob*

im sorry for asking stupid questions lol i really do appreciate it tho, id rather have ppl on teh internet think im a noob than the mechanic at the local bike shop, then he sees an opportunity to wallet rape me

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
LOL

It's the one that looks kinda like a socket, but has a joint in the middle so it can bend 90 degrees. It pivots so you can get it into the front plug without completely removing the radiator. But you will still need to follow Dave's directions as far as loosening the radiator and pushing it forward a little.

;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
My bike came with Densos from the factory and I'm currently running NGKs - engine runs great with both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts