Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I'm currently in the process of picking out a new full exhaust system for my 02' SV. I was just wondering if any of you guys out there with full systems could give me some advice, or let me in on your experiences. I hear a lot of positive things about the Yosh set up, but I wanted to explore my options. I'm kind of curious about the D&D full system...I wouldn't mind a loud set up at all. Then there's Two Brothers which looks nice too, and Micron I believe makes a full system as well. Am I missing any other companies?? What are you guys out there with full systems running? Thanks in advance.

- Dash

·
Registered
278 Posts
D&D if you want loud (probably the loudest you can get), but its not just loud. It also has the biggest sound ive heard out of an SV and the can is smaller than most, which I like.

If you want a high mount, I would go with a Devil, they have a very good sound too.

Other compaines are M4, Mircon, Two Brothers, Yosh, and Holeshot (all of which I have heard on an SV). They all sound waaay better than stock, but I prefer my D&D :)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Literally a million choices. Most of the usual suspects have been covered.

Akrapovic makes a nice full system. Not loud, not quiet.

For best sound - dual Renegades is the easiest way to bliss. Although - theirs isn't a 'full-system' but a custom slip-on. Sweet, though.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
It's preference thing here... Get what you like in looks.

For HP go with M4.
For looks... anything that pleases your eye.
For loud... D&D by far.
For sound quality and a huge mid range boost... Renegade's.

I like my Rene's as they repack real easy (two allen heads), look good, have nice quality and the best customer service. Plus nothing... nothing sounds like twin Rene's. They are the sweetest sounding pipes around. A lot of depth, great bass and a sweet bark at high rpm's.

If I was to buy another exhaust today for my SV, I would get another set of Renegade's. If I had a track only bike, I would go with a Race mount M4 in Ti (not the super high mount). If I had a road only bike, I would go with a set of low mount dual Renegade's or an Akrapovik system.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
I flat LOVE my D&D full system. It's WAY lighter than stock and makes a very noticible power increase. But best of all, it BARKS! It's hands-down the best sounding system on the SV. The dual Renegade is probably my second favorite. The D&D is definitely loud compared to other pipes. They don't call 'em "Deaf & Dumb" for nuthin'. The only problem you might run into with full-systems is with your foot controls. I had to revert back to OE when I discovered that the 02 GSXR rearset assemblies I had installed hit the pipe and rendered the rear brake inoperable.
One more thing - I rashed my muffler in a lowside and replaced it with a Yosh RS-3 muffler that slipped right onto the D&D header no problem. It's a deeper, more mellow tone which is a little more civilized for the street. And I can put the D&D muffler back on for the track.

·
Registered
745 Posts
My M4 has been the greatest investment by far. I LOVE it. I guess I need to update my signature, it still says V&H and that thing is in Cali now. :lol:

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want power and good looks, do M4... The money is well spent, and the Ti cans are just plain sick.

·
Registered
202 Posts
in my experiance, Hindle offers a good value as well. the system is, by no means, as detailled as an Akrop or Yosh, but gets the job done cheap w/ a full system. the way they do their pricing you select the canister separate from the header system. a majority of the systems i see @ the track are either M4 or Hindle.

i am probably one of the few people that will admit to disappointment in the Renegade system i once owned. sure, it sounded nice, but the hanger, half-ass 'surgery' mid system, weight, and high price left much to be desired. the company service, however, is fantastic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Muzzy full system on the way...not the most popular, and not one usually associated with Suzuki, but that's OK by me. I went with it mainly on price to be honest. They're on for $298.50 right now at Muzzy's and are stainless pipes w/ aluminum can. From what others say, the quality is decent for the price and they sound pretty good. I guess I'll be able to say more once I have it on the bike. One to consider IMO.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Am I alone in thinking the M4s look and sound like ass then? There's no denying they work well, but to me they look clunky and thrown together, and the logo's tacky... Oh well, each to their own.

If you can find it, I'd recommend the WRP Lite all-titanium system to anyone... Weighs practically nothing, makes a good power gain, looks good, sounds... Er, not so good :) A bit quiet. I'll be shortening my can by a couple of inches, see if that helps.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/northwind-upload.jpg[/url]

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies! I'm very curious to see some pics of your bikes with the different full systems, espically the D&D. I say this because I noticed how all the different companies who make full systems use different shaped header pipes, and different finishes. Also, it's been established that the D&D system is the loudest, but about as far as bass and low rumble is concerned? Does the D&D lack that? Thanks!

- Dash

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
d&ds dont have quite as much low end rumble as some of the others.. mostly because the silencer is so small and there isnt much packing which is what creates the bassy sound

d&d on the sv sounds okay, but d&ds on i-4s sound like total shite.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pics... its kinda covered up with the faring and exhaust wrap but it comes as a very shiny crome, only discolors a bit on the front and more on the rear... gets a little blue, bout the same as most, mabye less. The pipes look a little larger to me than on some systems, they dont ever neck down. Stays the same size from the port to the collector. Like I said before, the can is pretty small so you get to see more of the bike too. Over all a very good looking system, especially when its cleaned up.

This should give ya at least an idea :)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I gotta say Yosh... I added a Yosh RS-3 C/F and it was a snap to install as everything fit "perfect". I have the race version which has no baffles and sounds bada$$. I had a Nikko slip-on that was race version also and the Yosh ended up being just a tad quieter and yet had a better tone overall.

but yes the M4 has shown best gains in hp... if not going for most hp... its just a matter of taste and what you prefer really IMHO :wink:

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Has anyone actually done head to head tests with various sstems to test real HP gains? We hear often that the M4s make the best power, but how well hs that been tested out? Considering that the same dyno machine will give different figures for the same bike on different days, and that one machine can read very different from another, what are we comparing here? Just curious...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a '01 and it came with the vance hines full system. They sound good but could be louder.

hey Throttlecrazed

Where did you get those fairings, bike looks good, please pass off the info as I am looking to do this mod to my new bike. TIA

Ride Safe

·
Registered
278 Posts
hey Throttlecrazed

Where did you get those fairings, bike looks good, please pass off the info as I am looking to do this mod to my new bike. TIA
Faring and Undertail came from 2wheeljunkie.com. Its good quality. Required a little fitting but then I like stuff to fit pretty well perfect. I also modified it to work with different things, like the exhaust and ram air.
Its pretty easy to work with, if your thinking about doing it... thats the one I would recomend.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Northwind said:
Considering that the same dyno machine will give different figures for the same bike on different days, and that one machine can read very different from another, what are we comparing here? Just curious...
We're splitting hairs. :roll:

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Ruefus said:
Northwind said:
Considering that the same dyno machine will give different figures for the same bike on different days, and that one machine can read very different from another, what are we comparing here? Just curious...
We're splitting hairs. :roll:
Who is... Me? I'm just wondering how people are giving advice about what gives the most power, since probably they actually have no idea... Every time this thread comes round 2 or 3 people will say "M4 makes the most power" as if it's gospel.

Either that or there are head to head tests out there, which personally I'd like to see, it interests me...

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have never done a study, but I went from a Vance and Hines to a M4 Titanium Race system and the difference in power was felt immediately. It was such a difference, I couldn't stop riding. I rode around for two and a half hours with this big goofy smile on my face. It was great. :lol:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts