Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to eliminate my big single headlight and switch to duals. I'd like to go to Aztec 8's but I don't have 200$ to spend on headlights, so I've tried to come up with a less expensive solution that will still yeild dual headlights.

I wondered if a set of automotive fog lights might work, they'd look fine as long as the wiring was done well and as long as I cut no corners in bracketry.
They are far less expensive, I'm just wondering if they'll have illuminating power to be legal.

This is what I thought of using...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are Halogen H3 55w bulbs. Which is what the stock single bulb is.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
buell lights:

Part #- Y0721.6AC - $92.80 -HEADLAMP ASSY, WORLD, LEFT & RIGHT
This is the actual headlight assembly itself. The dual round headlights are one sealed unit, they come WITH the wiring harness and the two bulbs. One side is highbeam, one side is Lowbeam, or you can run them both at the same time (this is what I do, and its AWESOME at night) The headlight also has threaded mounting bracket/holes attached to it on the top of the unit, and one threaded hole on the bottom that a stabilizer bracket can be attached to. If you want JUST the headlight, this is Literally ALL YOU NEED to order.

other parts if you want:

Part #- M1600.1ACMW - $59.46 - WINDSCREEN KIT WDECAL MIDNIGHT BLACK
This is the Flyscreen itself. It is plastic, and this specific part number is for the the ABS gloss BLACK plastic screen, with the LightningXb12s badge attached to the front. Keep in mind that this windscreen comes in a TON of colors/Varieties, so If you are thinking you might like something other than black, DO NOT use this part number. For reference, they make this (solid black, NOT see-thru ABS plastic) They also make: Clear Orange, Clear Yellow, Clear Smoke, Clear Red, and Clear Blue. Those are what I know of, they probably make even more

M0645.1ADA - $19.56 - MOUNT HEADLAMP
This is the mount that attaches to the headlight unit and allows you to mount the flyscreen to the headlights. It is a nice aluminum piece, it allows you to tilt the flyscreen independently of the headlights, and is a solid unit. YOU DO NOT NEED THIS BRACKET IF YOU AREN'T BUYING THE WINDSCREEN. but I assure you, that you SHOULD buy if you want the windscreen, it makes the whole mounting SO easy

site to order from http://www.surdyke.com/

i stole this from somewhere else BTW ;D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I used them before and liked then a lot better than my dominators, I just plugged the right one into the low beam and the left one into the high beam and adjusted each one differently so I did'nt blind anyone in low.

Here's some awesome fog lights, they shoot a narrow beam but it goes on forever.http://www.pilotautomotive.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=27165, you can get em at autozone for $39

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buell lights:

Part #- Y0721.6AC - $92.80 -HEADLAMP ASSY, WORLD, LEFT & RIGHT

Part #- M1600.1ACMW - $59.46 - WINDSCREEN KIT WDECAL MIDNIGHT BLACK

M0645.1ADA - $19.56 - MOUNT HEADLAMP
Found the entire assembly on ebay including a carbon fiber windscreen for 50$ shipped. I think I found the answer to my issue :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts