Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can't remember is there a third wire? If yes, you hooked up the wrong one. When you engage the blinkers does the power fluctuate? Use a volt-meter to see if it's the blinker or if you are getting constant voltage and the problem is further back.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Use the search function ;D

Ya just might find some info on "the how to" of installing the proper signal relay for use of LED turn signals! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still no blink? Some(alot) of LED lights do not have the resistance needed to activate the flasher, a rectifier may need to be installed. The better tail light have them built in. When I first put my fronts in they would not flash unless the bike was running, the rear with the rectifier fixed that.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I can't remember is there a third wire? If yes, you hooked up the wrong one. When you engage the blinkers does the power fluctuate? Use a volt-meter to see if it's the blinker or if you are getting constant voltage and the problem is further back.
there are only two wires, as mentioned above, and if you wire them backwards there would be no light emitted, diodes only work one way

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for the help. My brother helped me. Maybe this can help someone else.I picked up a 11-15 volt 2 prong led flasher from autozone. wired it in and they flashed but very dim. So we added a 330 ohm resister to each side and grounded the resister and they work beautiful. seemed like a cheap fix. good luck and thanks again. I may want to sell this bike, 7k mikes and very clean. whats a good price to ask?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts