Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LED instrument lighting
Dodgy from svdownunder forum has come up with this just though i would share with you.

-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE DODGY A couple of instrument lamps blew recently, so I decided to upgrade with Blue LEDs...
Here's how I did it.

I used 'P4' or 'SuperFlux' or 'Pirhana' LEDs. The name varies with the supplier. The ones I had were 60 degree Blue, I think 90 Degree ones would have been better.

I bent the leads around the body on one side, there is a corner cut off one side to indicate the cathode (negative) connection. The little dome is the lens.
The bent tabs are soldered onto the pads that the original lamp bases clipped into.

There is a 220 ohm resistor 1/4 watt (<$0.05) for each one. It goes from the other pad to the unbent leads in an 'S' to strain relieve it.

Here's roughly what it looks like, 90 degree LEDs would have made the coverage more even...

·
Registered
73 Posts
+1 daymm... thats nice... thanks for the instructions... i wanna try that

·
Registered
105 Posts
Chewy

I see on your site you sell these kits. How much for one for an 03 SVS shipped to california?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phelix said:
Chewy

I see on your site you sell these kits. How much for one for an 03 SVS shipped to california?
Only £2.50 postage added to it at the end $ to £ depends on the exchange rate of the day Paypal will work it out for you.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Wow who knew they were this smart down under.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that mod only for the S model? I just replaced my tach bulb on my naked and it did not look like that...

D

·
0 Posts
This mod will work for the naked as well. I bought my kit from Chewy and I get nothing but compliments from other Sv riders where I live.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts