Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I´m looking in to changing out all the indicators on my SV650, does anyone have experience with the relay on the gen3, do you need to change it out when you install LED:s?

If you have to, does anyone know were to get a replacement?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just changed out my indicators to leds. They do blink faster so you would need a relay to slow them down again. I bought a 2 pin led relay on amazon which fixed the issue. They're on ebay also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just changed out my indicators to leds. They do blink faster so you would need a relay to slow them down again. I bought a 2 pin led relay on amazon which fixed the issue. They're on ebay also.
Thank you for the reply!

Could you upload some pictures of how you´ve done with the relay? I don´t even know where it´s located.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are some pics. Unplug the old one, transfer the rubber thing to the new one and plug it in. Pretty straight forward.

Old relay on the left, new led relay on the right.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have an integrated tail light that I have yet to install due to not knowing how just yet, it's got LED turn signals, do you think I'm going to need one of these new relays?

·
Registered
13 Posts
An alternative to the relay if you don't feel like waiting, albeit it's more expensive...
Use a load equalizer which can be found at most auto parts stores.

They blink faster due to the bike thinking that the bulb is out, because the LED's draw a lot less power!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm also getting integrated led turn signals in the rear, but have to wait a couple weeks to switch out the front indicators. Would replacing the relay for the rear cause problems with the stock front signals?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm also getting integrated led turn signals in the rear, but have to wait a couple weeks to switch out the front indicators. Would replacing the relay for the rear cause problems with the stock front signals?
when you take out your front indicators, would you be kind enough to photograph the process showing where the connectors for those are please? the back ones are easy enough to take out but the front ones look like theyd be a challenge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts