Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

What would I need to get this headlight into the original bucket the easiest possible way?

@Edit: Would this ring fit into the original plastic bucket? With little/ no modifications?

·
Super Moderator
8,338 Posts
if you think a $30 led will be an improvement on anything... you should probably reconsider. you'll just blind the hell out of drivers and not give yourself any more light

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've used quite a few LED conversions that work great. Pay attention to the LED emitter location in relation to the stock filament. If placed properly you will get the same cutoff pattern.
Double check the pattern by pulling up to a wall with lights on. Should see a distinct cutoff at the top and sides.
A complete assembly at that price is questionable though.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You'll need two mounting rings to attach the light to the stock headlight ring and re-use the stock housing.
See my post from today in this thread for more info.

Funny that it seems all of a sudden so many SV havers are installing this light. I hope I haven't promoted a fateful trend...
If you want a cheap improvement over stock I'd now tend to say buy instead a quality LED bulb to put in the stock housing. Same price but much brighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts