Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have put LED blinkers on my bike from mad8vskillz. I bought resistors (gold body blocks with wire on either side) to solve the hyper flash but I can't find a good place to mount them. Looking around the internet I saw the same thing can sometimes be done with a relay instead of resistors. Does such a thing exist for the SV? Similar to this:

I did some research and I have not found any definitive answers, any help is appreciated. Also would 1 relay solve all 4 blinkers or would I need 1 each for front an rear?

(Update) More research may have yielded some results. I'll update with what I find. Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
squids,
I can see your point. From a personal standpoint I don't like it going haywire like that to me it is a signal of ignorance and not keeping up with proper vehicle maintenance. Really it just boils down to me not liking how fast it's going and that the indicator on the cluster looks like it is having a seizure.

Anyway I have this on order:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UN4FXW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

hope it does what it is supposed to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
squids,
I can see your point. From a personal standpoint I don't like it going haywire like that to me it is a signal of ignorance and not keeping up with proper vehicle maintenance. Really it just boils down to me not liking how fast it's going and that the indicator on the cluster looks like it is having a seizure.
haha forsure, I'm more lazy when it comes to my stuff. If it works, then good enough for me.

in some states its illegal for it to blink that fast..
oh crap I didnt realize that. I did a brief search and didnt see anything pertaining to texas

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jon, I actually already ordered that. Got it in today, took 1 minute to install and it works like it should. The lights are slower like stock now. Time will tell how well it holds up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I picked up a relay like that and it worked for about a season and then broke.I cracked it open to see what if anything failed and sure enough a lead on one of the components had broken. I soldered it back up, filled the box with hot glue and it has worked ever since

1 - 14 of 14 Posts