Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's possible I'll continue my training with a track day later this summer. However, it sounds like they require full leathers. Any suggestions on low cost suits? Anywhere to buy a used one?

Marc

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks very promising. Much more reasonably priced then I anticipated and I like the idea of giving a entrepreneur just getting started my business. Hafta ask are they crash worthy?

I'm 5'7'' with a large torso so I suspect I would need a custom size. Any idea how long it would take to get a custom?

Marc

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. I see the Spartan held up great in an 80mph slide. I'm stoked that a quality product is available at these prices.

What do you think about one piece versus two piece for street use? I'd like to do a track day or two of training but most of my riding will be street. Here in Colorado it gets very hot in the summer, over 100 in the sun, but its dry. I have a mesh jacket which might be livable with leather pants. However, I'm wondering if a one piece will be hard to endure for much of the riding season outside of the mountains.

Marc

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm going through the same 1 vs 2 piece debate right now. They were talking about it at the very end of that thread, skip to the last page and you can see what the other svriders are saying about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The scenario I'm envisioning is a bit different then that thread in that I'm contemplating wearing the leather pants with my mesh jacket due to summer heat. I have textile riding pants but I question how much protection they offer. Also they get pretty baggy without the cold weather liner, plus they will be pretty hot in the summer.

Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts