Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a leak on the right side of my bike. coolant coming slowly dripping from the water pump. So I replaced all the rings in there and now its worse. What do I do now? any ideas?

mon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can you tell exactly where it's leaking from? Sometimes if you dust the area lightly with talcum powder it'll make the leak more visible.

Since you've already replaced three seals on the "wet" side, I would make a careful inspection of the water pump housing using a magnifying glass and the brightest light I could find- it's possible you may have a hairline crack somewhere in the housing maybe around a bolt hole or at the base of the outlet, possibly as a result of an impact.

Other thoughts: there's a gasket on the H2O pump's case drain, but I doubt that would start to leak without a reason; could the coolant be coming from elsewhere, i.e. trickling down the outside of the upper radiator hose, in the back where you can't see it?

:)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Clean the area real good. Take spray on deodorant and spray the area. Take the bike out for a ride. Follow the mark in the deodorant up to the exact area it is leaking. Now do some investigation. The housing may be nicked or burred in that area not allowing the gaskets/o rings to seal properly. Do some good investigative work and I am sure you can find it.
ac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts