Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up my brand new out of the crate Daytona today. It's parked next to my SV right now. Kinda makes me sad knowing that it's going to be gone by the end of the week :'(

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
What, no pics? ;D

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
suuuuurrre, riiiiigggghhhtttttt........
it's not real w/o pics;D

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I lie, I lie.

Honestly, the Daytona is a great bike. The transition from a twin to a triple has been easy. It feels almost the same ( Well I have to keep it under 5k because I'm breaking it in). But what really drives me crazy is the exhaust tone of the triple, its the greatest thing in the world.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I used to have a 955 Speed III I actually brought it to a dealer because the engine sounded so strange compared to other bikes. I guess it was how it was supposed to sound he basically told me it was good to go...

Good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
373 Posts
i really wanted one but i heard horror stories of them breaking down and the dealerships not getting any help from Triumph USA.... other than that i would get it :O

how much you get it for Out the door?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brand spanking new 09 Daytona, saw them pull it out of the crate or whatever it was in. I paid $10,300 OTD. I was depressed to find out that M4 discontinued their exhaust for the Daytona 675. Looks like I'm going to have to go Two Bros.

My planned mods are:
Get suspension adjusted for my weight
HIDs
Exhaust

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
What, still no pics?
Exhaust? go with jardine.
Check out you tube sound clips....

Oh yeah and congrats on the new grade!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SO!

My uncle's wife lost her job and can't afford the bike anymore. So I'm keeping the SV. Decided to turn her into a street fighter. I'm trying to achieve the look of a street triple, can anyone steer me in the right direction? *Begins using search button*

·
Registered
539 Posts
SO!

My uncle's wife lost her job and can't afford the bike anymore. So I'm keeping the SV. Decided to turn her into a street fighter. I'm trying to achieve the look of a street triple, can anyone steer me in the right direction? *Begins using search button*
Sorry to hear that but I am confused your uncle's wife? Wasn't the bike yours?

For a Speed III look start with aztec 8 dual lights...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been a long day, but long story short, my uncle was supposed to buy my bike from me. His wife (my aunt) lost her job, so they're strapped for cash at the moment.

Are there any cheaper options than the Aztec setup? I was searching and saw a thread on the Buell setup, looks cheaper.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Been a long day, but long story short, my uncle was supposed to buy my bike from me. His wife (my aunt) lost her job, so they're strapped for cash at the moment.

Are there any cheaper options than the Aztec setup? I was searching and saw a thread on the Buell setup, looks cheaper.

The Buell set up doesn't look like a triumph at all.Guess what it looks like......A Buell.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Personally I think things happen for a reason.. I had a YZF600R for a first bike, which was stolen.. My dad has had a SV for years now, and once I started looking, got me onto them.. He likes the naked, I like fairings though.. For the street and virtually zero track use, the SV in my opinion is a hard bike to beat.. I love the triples too, but everything about the SV just makes sense for daily commuting and weekend rides through the twisties.. I'm no squid and ride pretty reserved, however a few weeks back wrecked out on a road I had ridden for the first time.. Sort of unfamiliar territory.. Anyway, converted my S to a N and love the look of it.. I hung the Aztec8 dual 5" lights with guage bracket, put some sliders on, got the tail cowl and removed the grab bar.. Looks real nasty and I think for me handles even better minus the weight of the front and lower fairings.. I also have the Yoshi pipe, PCIII and a Vortec rear sprocket (same teeth.. Looks good though..) Just some ideas.. SV is just a great all-arounder that I can't see getting off of for a long time...

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Pick up my brand new out of the crate Daytona today. It's parked next to my SV right now. Kinda makes me sad knowing that it's going to be gone by the end of the week :'(
It would make sad too having a Daytona in the driveway .... NOT :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts