Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am looking for clip-ons for my '04 Naked. I am looking at Woodcrafts. I remember someone saying they got theirs with too much of a down angle, and it was uncomfortable. Anyone have experience in this? I am looking for lower bars, but not super uncomfortable. I think the WC's only come in one size, but I THINK LSL's you can change the down angle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Vortex and woodcraft have 10 degree angled bars. The LSL bars are 7 degrees.

I give my LSL bars the thumb up, the angle agrees with my wrists. 

If you look around, I think that are a few other brands that have 5 or 0 degree angles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
speedholes said:
  Anyone have experience in this? 
I have a set of Vortex clipons and when I first mounted them the angle looked awfully steep. If you remember to keep your weight off your wrists and stay loose it is pretty comfortable, but not exactly a sport touring position.

btw, speedholes, your avatar scar looks familiar. If it's what I'm guessing, you probably have a companion scar on the side of your ribcage. Or if it isn't you...  :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a set of Vortex on my bike and a set of Woodcrafts off. The Vortex ones are steeper than the Woodcrafts.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on, I am using stock S model ones right now, and I am looking for some that are further down, jsut not TOO much.

Avatar scar is from a recent splenectomy, and I have a scar on my ribcage from a chest tube for a collapsed lung.......I don't know if I am who you are thinking of, but hey, the scars match!

·
Registered
76 Posts
nah, that's me. ;D

That car was a fun ride, had it up at Thunderhill once or twice. We bought a Tacoma two weeks before the accident and it's been a whole lotta' more useful (doublecabs are great) but no where near as fun. At one point I adapted the electric vest to use in the Miata 8) It was the closest experience to a motorcycle I ever got in a car; not like a Lotus or a Caterham, but then it was a daily driver.

But back to your thread...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh I see, ya, I was in a Toyota Corolla. I drove my buddy's Miata, it was a fun little car. I finally hopped on the bike today after a 6 week hiatus due to all of this. I am still not supposed to because of my leg, but I couldnt take it any longer, haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts