Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I gave up bikes (due to medical condition - a couple of heart attacks and a stroke) some 5 years ago, and have sold all my bikes. The last one I had was a brand new Suzuki V-Strom 1000X. But after covid did not kill me in 2020, I said to hell with it, let's ride again. In 2021 I bought Honda rebel 500, thinking that it fits my age (70), but it was a big disappointment. Not my type of bike, and too weak, and display melting after 1 hour in the sun :mad:. I was always on sport bikes, and in the end touring/adventure bikes. So I sold that Rebel (surprisingly for more money, than I bought it for) and bought a new 2022 SV650 (the last one they had in Manila showroom). I have only 500km on it so far, but what a change after Rebel.
I'm in the process of modding it now. Yoshimura can is already on. Next will be Evotech frame slider, and GBRacing engine guards (when they arrive from China).
I always liked L twins (had Ducati Panigale, and Ducati Multistrada 1200), and when I heard that Suzuki is going to phase out this engine in favor of parallel twin, I was quick to buy the last one here.

Yeah, what about that? Is that true, or just and unfounded rumor?

Hrvoje

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I gave up bikes (due to medical condition - a couple of heart attacks and a stroke) some 5 years ago, and have sold all my bikes. The last one I had was a brand new Suzuki V-Strom 1000X. But after covid did not kill me in 2020, I said to hell with it, let's ride again. In 2021 I bought Honda rebel 500, thinking that it fits my age (70), but it was a big disappointment. Not my type of bike, and too weak, and display melting after 1 hour in the sun :mad:. I was always on sport bikes, and in the end touring/adventure bikes. So I sold that Rebel (surprisingly for more money, than I bought it for) and bought a new 2022 SV650 (the last one they had in Manila showroom). I have only 500km on it so far, but what a change after Rebel.
I'm in the process of modding it now. Yoshimura can is already on. Next will be Evotech frame slider, and GBRacing engine guards (when they arrive from China).
I always liked L twins (had Ducati Panigale, and Ducati Multistrada 1200), and when I heard that Suzuki is going to phase out this engine in favor of parallel twin, I was quick to buy the last one here.

Yeah, what about that? Is that true, or just and unfounded rumor?

Hrvoje
yeh good forv you im 75 and still going strong and why not live life to the full good opn you mate TON UP GRANDDAD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh good forv you im 75 and still going strong and why not live life to the full good opn you mate TON UP GRANDDAD
:D About this GRANDAD:D
Although I'm a grandad as well, this little beauty sitting on my lap is actually my daughter.
What can I say... New bike, young wife... 6 year old daughter... Life could not be better :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. They’re doing it. It makes sense, as it lowers their manufacturing costs without making TOO much of a difference to potential buyers.
I see the logic in it. It's just that it'll just bee another Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki... It'll not be a Japanese Ducati, as it is now. Well, not to worry. This is probably my last one :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to SVR. Nice to see another old fart here. Enjoy the ride. Post some pics.
When I'm done with all the modifications, and first service (a ride to Manila and back - 900km, on very bad roads and insane traffic) I'll post some pics.
BTW: this is going to be my last visit to Suzuki official service center. After this I intend to service the bike myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts