Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the SV for 5 years now and some friends and I have decided to ride along in this event. I'm looking forward to route and will be the longest trip I have taken on the SV. Has anyone done this ride or plan on going? Any tips for a trip like this will be great. Thanks.

http://www.lapofkentucky.com/Home_Page.html

·
Registered
166 Posts
The fact that it begins and ends at a BMW and a Harley dealership tells me that an SV will be very out of place. I might do that lap one day but not in a big group.;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the same but it's planned out fairly well so one guy will be on Triumph and the other on a '79 bmw, small groups so we'll see.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This sounds pretty interesting, but I can't find the actual route?

OK, I see that you have to register for the ride to gain access to the route maps.
Hmm.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have registered but haven't received the detailed map yet.

So far the over all picture right now is:
Louisville to Paducah (309 Miles)
Paducah to Burkesville area (approximately 352 miles)
Burkesville Area to Prestonsburg (Approximately 300 miles)
Prestonsburg to Louisville (Approximately 376 miles)

I really like the idea of the lap. We planned on doing something like this and stumbled upon the event so it made it a little easier in the the planning.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm originally from Owensboro, I'm sure the route will go through being on the river.

·
Registered
191 Posts
there are a bunch of us in KY. Both my son and I own one here in
louisville.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Kentucky SV rally? :p

Where are you guys located? I know some great roads around my area, I'd love to hear about some others, might give me a little more reason to travel around the state.

·
Registered
191 Posts
there are some great roads in north central ky and south eastern ky. north of frankfort up to falmouth and brooksville area are great

·
Registered
16 Posts
A Kentucky riders thread would be great. I have yet to ride with anyone else who has an SV, so finally going out with someone with some class and taste would be a pleasant change. I can only stand to listen to the buzz/scream of a group of inline-4s for so long.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where are you located? I'm in Owensboro.

A Kentucky riders thread would be great. I have yet to ride with anyone else who has an SV, so finally going out with someone with some class and taste would be a pleasant change. I can only stand to listen to the buzz/scream of a group of inline-4s for so long.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts