Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Gen1 SV650 with GSXR front end and Woodcraft clip-ons. Anyone got a better suggestion for a clutch cable, the SVS cable I got on there has this lame steel sheath that forces the cable at a 90 degree angle and tends to cut into the cable itself where the sheath ends. This is the second SVS cable I used on this anyone know if another cable will work better without the lame sheath? What do you racebike owners use for a clutch cable?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I too dislike the 90 degree bend sheath and wonder if there might be an alternative cable I could use...

Maybe posting in the racing or tech forum might get a better response?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
You can have custom cables made.

As for the 90 degree sheath - it works just fine when the cable is routed appropriately. I've got 24000+ miles on the original cable and had the carbs and cable out countless times. She's a just fine.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
That 90 degree bend thing is starting to worry me now. It was fine on stock SVS clip-ons, but after adding the significantly lower vortex clip-ons, it has made the cable come out of the 90 degree bend at an angle, meaning its most likely rubbing. I may try to re-route it or something, or just let it go....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
evilbologna said:
That 90 degree bend thing is starting to worry me now. It was fine on stock SVS clip-ons, but after adding the significantly lower vortex clip-ons, it has made the cable come out of the 90 degree bend at an angle, meaning its most likely rubbing. I may try to re-route it or something, or just let it go....

That is my concern with my under the triple clip ons as well; the only place the cable has to go is straight into the headlight assembly-- at full lock left I can hear the rubber sleeve rubbing against the back of the headlight housing...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
That is my concern with my under the triple clip ons as well; the only place the cable has to go is straight into the headlight assembly-- at full lock left I can hear the rubber sleeve rubbing against the back of the headlight housing...
I HAD a rub mark on my former bates headlights, rubbed through the paint. Never noticed it until I took them off. Perhaps I could bend it slightly so the cable doesnt come out at an angle?

·
Registered
227 Posts
sorry to revive such an old thread, but, does anyone have a solution to the above problems? essentially, i want to route the SVS cable on my race bike AROUND to the right side of the bike, but the stock cable (with the steel sheath straightented) is too short.

my GSXR600 has the right-side routing. does anyone know if using this clutch cable will work? if the only option is a custom buy, then what are the dimensions and where do i get it? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
sorry to revive such an old thread, but, does anyone have a solution to the above problems? essentially, i want to route the SVS cable on my race bike AROUND to the right side of the bike, but the stock cable (with the steel sheath straightented) is too short.

my GSXR600 has the right-side routing. does anyone know if using this clutch cable will work? if the only option is a custom buy, then what are the dimensions and where do i get it? thanks in advance!
you could also bend the metal tubing elbow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts