Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I don't really know how to go about this so I suppose I'll just start waffling.

I had owned a '99 SV650N when I was 17, and I loved the hell out of it. It was a piece of ****, but it was amazing.

But, I was a moron, and at 19 I traded it for a breathed on and incredibly unrelaible Yamaha FZR1000 Genesis, and pretty much regretted it ever since then.

When I hit 21 though, I decided I wanted an SV that hadn't spent a good portion of its life being molested, and so I bought an S model brand new.

Typically (In my book anyway, the first job had to be to remove that OEM tail tidy, which was replaced with an Evotech unit, and slap on a 6x4 inch licence plate. At the same time, I scored some R&G Crash bars and swingarm bobbins. My Yoshimura RS-3 End can had also arrived at the dealership. I just needed to get rid of those awful Dunlop's.

Eventually, I got a set of Michelin Pilot Road 4 2CT's on there (Highly recommended to those who ride all year around, although cold hard centre compounds make for power slidey winters...) And some HEL Braided brake joses to boot, which I actually purchased 3 years earlier for my '99 SV650 and had never fitted them...

Later, things got basically cosmetic. OEM seat cowl & Infil Panels fitted. Belly pan fitted. Bar end mirrors and stickers removed. It sat like this for about a year.

Then, after some nostalgia of missing wide bar feelings, I got rid of my Yoshimura for a Danmoto slip on (Haters gonna hate) and splashed out on some goodies to improve the riding position.

And thus she sat like this again for about 6 months.

Unfortunately, I'd been chewwing on the idea of GSX-R suspension swapping the bike now for a while, and I'd secured another reliable daily rider finally. No more riding the slowly-becoming-less-shiny SV in the rain and winter. So, dispite getting it somewhere I quite liked it, it was time to start hoarding parts. (Full 2005 Suzuki GSX-R750 K5 Front end for ease of swap, lock barrel etc... & Rear shock... Although sourced from 10 different suppliers as nothing is ever simple)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then came the fun part; minor tidying up and then the suspension swap. A close friend of mine thankfully lent me his shed over a weekend as my workshop is usually a patio in rainy ol' England.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And this is how she pretty much sits now. Decided to get a few nice pictures while we had 30 seconds of sunshine.

Since then, all I've done is order a mudguard, butcher my headlight loom so it will suit a single headlight set up, and realise that my headlight idea has way too many clearance issues to work. Looks like I'm running a single headlight in the near future.

I'll update here as I go along. There are plans down the line much further than how she sits now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts