Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I installed a GP STYLE SPEEDOMETER RX-2 on a 03 sv650s... but the bracket for the speedometer magnet sensor is too short and I had to make my own. Other than that, its awesome, people love how it looks and it functions very well.

I also bought mine from germany... it was 25% cheaper for some reason...

·
Registered
127 Posts
There's a few here that have.

I know each Nille and myself for first gens.

There's another post around here somewhere that asks the same thing. That's how I found out Nille also had it cause he was using Koso's pickups for the H2O temp and Oil temp.

What's the real question(s)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There's a few here that have.

I know each Nille and myself for first gens.

There's another post around here somewhere that asks the same thing. That's how I found out Nille also had it cause he was using Koso's pickups for the H2O temp and Oil temp.

What's the real question(s)?
Mostly just need to know how much machining, if any, Ill have to do to get it attached to the bike. I imagine wiring won't be too terribly difficult.

Looked for a while about it, but most of the threads I saw about koso speedos were for the 2nd gen.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fitting it depends on a few things, like which version you have N or S. and if you plan to do anything else fairing/handlebar wise.... It's pretty straight forward and IMHO easy to mount to the bike.

As far as the wiring goes, follow the directions and when you get to the choice about the Tach, choose 4 cycle | 2 cylinder | (this third setting I forget what it's called but you want the "10" option if I remember correctly. Also wire the Tach into the rear coils negative wire.

Currently there's no way to do the fuel gauge as they're different types, but every other option works perfectly.

HTH and good luck

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
There's always a way to do the fuel light- at worst you can retain the stock one and throw a relay into that circuit, it's COMPLETELY half-assed but it works. There was a fix using a little resistor package, if I remember rightly, which enabled the use of an LED with the stock fuel sensor, but my bookmark is for the old site so it's broken :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fitting it depends on a few things, like which version you have N or S. and if you plan to do anything else fairing/handlebar wise.... It's pretty straight forward and IMHO easy to mount to the bike.

As far as the wiring goes, follow the directions and when you get to the choice about the Tach, choose 4 cycle | 2 cylinder | (this third setting I forget what it's called but you want the "10" option if I remember correctly. Also wire the Tach into the rear coils negative wire.

Currently there's no way to do the fuel gauge as they're different types, but every other option works perfectly.

HTH and good luck
Its an N. Most of the things I want to do are going to require a good bit of extra work to get things to fit that arent meant to. Fuel light may be a little problem but I should be able to make that work hopefully.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There's always a way to do the fuel light- at worst you can retain the stock one and throw a relay into that circuit, it's COMPLETELY half-assed but it works. There was a fix using a little resistor package, if I remember rightly, which enabled the use of an LED with the stock fuel sensor, but my bookmark is for the old site so it's broken :p
You're absolutely correct. There's always a way.
I believe the thread you're referring to is this one.
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=45256

I'm planning a simple red light, I'll notice that. But in the meantime, It's got 2 trip-meters on it.

To to OP, best of luck with your gauges/re-build.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're absolutely correct. There's always a way.
I believe the thread you're referring to is this one.
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=45256

I'm planning a simple red light, I'll notice that. But in the meantime, It's got 2 trip-meters on it.

To to OP, best of luck with your gauges/re-build.
Thanks a million. I'll try to get some pics up when I get it done. Currently waiting on my next paycheck to place the order now. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks a million. I'll try to get some pics up when I get it done. Currently waiting on my next paycheck to place the order now. :)

Order it from Blair at SV racing parts and you get a discount. Just tell him your a member here.

Membership has it's privileges. ;)

Syscrush, I know you had a good part in that thread, thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts