Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im sstaring at my bike (2005 sv650s) and a pair of knuckle covers when i realize that i can t seem to attach them. the bolt running through my brake handle thingy wont fit, and isnt long enough. (as you can tell from my knowledge of techincal terms im not a mechanic type individual here) and then on the left, it doesnt seem to want to fit over the clutch cable that comes out of the handle thingy. so, what do i do? is there a special part im missing, do i need to drill holes in the covers, or am i just a blithering moron (i know i know, the answer is yes.) the knuckle covers are the ones that come off of the dl1000 (i think thats where theyre from anyway)
any help would be apreciated

·
Registered
26 Posts
.....any chance you may have the wrong handguards???....the ones for the DL650 are supposed to fit on an SV650....did you happen to purchase somebody's guards off a DL1K??...just wondering.....

here's the suzuki kit # for the DL650 handguard kit, just in case.....57300-27820-291

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems im missing that bolt thingy in the picture. hmm. ill need to look into this some more i think. or perhaps some crazy glue and jb weld

·
Registered
703 Posts
The "bolt thingy" is just your bar end. From the outside of your handlebar to the center the whole assembly is like this: bar end, hand guard, spacer, handlebar/clip-on. One big bolt that runs through all of them.

HTH

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i mean the bolt thingy that connects the left side of the cover to the end of the brake grip

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ahhhh....

Yes there is a longer bolt that will replace the bolt holding your brake lever on. Look in the yellow circle in the picture below. You can see the top of the is hexagonal in shape, and you can get an idea for the length of it by seeing how far it goes through the entire assembly (bottom arrow). If you don't have a bolt like this just stop in at your dealership and pick one up. I can't imagine it'd cost more than a few bucks, and it'll be easier than trying to fabricate your bolt/washer/nut configuration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wsell, ive ordered the bigger bolts. wish me luck , i hope thats everything i need. im getting really sick of soaking wet freezing fingers by the time i get to work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, so ive managed to get the brake guard on, so umm, how do i put the one on the clutch side? id rather not break something if i can avoid it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts