Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki wants an arm and a leg for the replacement. I do want a new one to replace the bent one.

Is there ANYONE that makes aftermarket radiators for 2nd gen sv's? I thought the aftermarket for these bikes were HUGE. I've googled my ass off and found absolutely zero non-oem manufacturers.

Anyone?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are the caps good on the radiator? If they are and you can find a good custom radiator shop, ask them if thay can help. I have one near my house and they even give you a choice between several core materials, they let you know what to expect from each choice and it usually costs around 1/2 to 2/3 of the price of getting a new one. Not to mention the better cooling is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Send it to http://www.motorcycleradiators.com to get it repaired. Myler's does a really good job, and aren't too expensive. It's pretty amazing what they can do with a crunched radiator.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I won't be buying a new one lol. those suzuki thieves.

Well I've installed motosliders AFTER the 2nd radiator incident, hopefully there won't be a THIRD time :roll: :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much does suzuki want for the radiator? just curious

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oneida Suzuki has it for about $320 and Arizona Motorsports is about $315.

I'm in the same boat as you but I will wait until I have money laying around to fix it as my radiator does not leak and it still cools the bike.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't wait. though mine worked fine with no leaks, one end of it slipped off the hanger and it was bouncing up and down as I rode.

Check this out.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Luckily my local auto radiator shop said they could fix it easily. So I'm gonna give them a shot instead of a new one.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'd strongly suggest sending it out to http://www.motorcycleradiators.com to get it repaired instead of a local place. I've never found a radiator shop which is set up to repair thin aluminum motorcycle radiators, and if there are any holes, they use epoxy instead of welding it up. Myler's will first media blast the radiator, then straighten it, the pressure test it for leaks, if they find any they then weld them using a proprietary process, pressure test it again, and finally repaint it for you.

No, I don't work for them, but I've seen first hand what they're capable of.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey, when did you slip in and steal my radiator? That is just how mine looks. Let us know if you get it repaired how it turns out. Like I said before, I am just going to wait as mine is still functioning fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
zoltan said:
I'd strongly suggest sending it out to http://www.motorcycleradiators.com to get it repaired instead of a local place. I've never found a radiator shop which is set up to repair thin aluminum motorcycle radiators, and if there are any holes, they use epoxy instead of welding it up. Myler's will first media blast the radiator, then straighten it, the pressure test it for leaks, if they find any they then weld them using a proprietary process, pressure test it again, and finally repaint it for you.

No, I don't work for them, but I've seen first hand what they're capable of.
I had Myler's repair my radiator, and it was more sharply bent than that. It doesn't look new, but it passes the 5ft test. And mine WAS leaking beforehand...no leaks now. It was around $125-150 including shipping if memory serves. Beats the hell outta $300 for a new one!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno, the black helicopter circling my house tells me, it's all a scheme from suzuki to sell more radiators. :lol:

One more thing to add. I bit the bullet and ordered a new radiator from Oneida($80 cheaper than local dealers) and a pitbull SS rear stand. I've got nate's motosliders on. Hopefully, i won't pull another jack ass before I sell it in a few years.

Shit's getting EXPENSIVE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts