Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am doing some programming an the kids are playing in the garage. I am really enjoying the fact I have some nice and quiet time to do this personal project. The kids are being quiet and not fighting. I am actually able to get some work done. I am enjoying about a 10 min of this when it strikes me. The kids are quiet! They are never quiet! They are always yelling and fighting!

So I walk to the garage only to see them playing in their play area. Nothing seemed to be out of place and they didn't get into anything. Wierd I thought, so I walk into the garage only to be closed lined by something. Looking around I still see nothing, but I know something hit me. I feel around and found what I ran into. It was fishing line.

Now that I knew what to look for I found that they found a spool of fishing line and wove it all over the garage! Around their bicycles, around and over the garage door tracks and chain. Around my motorcycle, washer and dryer. Basically they made a web that covered the entire garage!

Grrr oh what fun that is to clean up. Any ideas on how to get fishing line out of a rear axle?

So any ways, for those parents out there. What I the biggest mess your kids have made?

·
MOTORADOR
10,955 Posts

Cool story bro!

(seriously)

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Did you punish them? Or scolded them?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
drawing on the walls with markers and a design made with ink and a rubber stamp were the worst

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you punish them? Or scolded them?
Punished. They had to clean up what they could. Then they got to sit in corners and watch me do the rest and fix their bicycles.

Hopefully they'll learn spelling from someone other than you ;)
Learning is only a part of spelling. Just like most everything else, there is skill involved. I must have skipped that line when it was being handed out.

My wife is a great speller. So hopefully they get their spelling genes from her.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Learning is only a part of spelling. Just like most everything else, there is skill involved. I must have skipped that line when it was being handed out.
My wife is a great speller. So hopefully they get their spelling genes from her.
That's true, you can teach spelling, but to some people it comes easier. I spell better than my wife, and English is my second language, while she's been at it since day 1 :p. But she's a very smart woman... sometimes...

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
I don't have kids and don't mean to try and tell people how to raise theirs, but Neil deGrasse Tyson, who I'm a huge fan of, has an interesting approach to kids making messes, doing destructive things, etc. Get out of the way and don't curtail their curiosity.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have kids and don't mean to try and tell people how to raise theirs, but Neil deGrasse Tyson, who I'm a huge fan of, has an interesting approach to kids making messes, doing destructive things, etc. Get out of the way and don't curtail their curiosity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQENHCkiMBU
Kids need limits and boundaries. One of those is that they don't touch the motorcycle. They know this rule and broke it. Thus they got the punishment. Else, they would have just help clean the mess up and that would have been it. This isn't the first big mess they have made. Usually we just let them have their fun and then they join in cleaning it up.

·
MOTORADOR
10,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Where are you from?

(Maybe you can do my lawn :p)
I'm from Italy.

I'll pass on the lawn, I wouldn't want to take away jobs from your 569 cousins... ;D

·
MOTORADOR
10,955 Posts
:panic:

Sacrilege, an Italian riding a jap bike!

;D

P.S. Hey Digasi, do you need your thread back or can we keep it?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Kids need limits and boundaries. One of those is that they don't touch the motorcycle. They know this rule and broke it. Thus they got the punishment. Else, they would have just help clean the mess up and that would have been it. This isn't the first big mess they have made. Usually we just let them have their fun and then they join in cleaning it up.
You're right that kids need consistent boundaries. I've got a half brother that has turned into a **** heat because my dad and step-mom are never on the same page.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts