Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a kid at bus stop throw a rock at me. Turned around and reamed him out. Not sure about next steps. Call school? Cops? Let it go and hope the verbal lashing sufficed? See what happens tomorrow? I'm shaken. Thoughts?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would contact the school and tell them what happened and what stop/time it was. The kids parents need to be told. What's next, he throws a rock from an overpass.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
513 Posts
go to the school.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
He didn't hit you? Call the school ask for the coach and tell him not to take little billy for the team.
:lmao:

If he was able to hit a >10mph moving target from >10 yards, then I know of a few colleges that need this kid's number.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Turning around, going back and reaming him out was enough, he wasn't expecting that. He'll think twice about it next time the urge hits him.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
If it were me, I'd stop by the school and talk with the principle. Throwing rocks at cars or especially bikes is dangerous. Some things shouldn't go unpunished. This is one of those things.

Kids gotta learn. As a kid I got plenty of lashings and spent many months as a teenager grounded in my room for the stupid **** I've done. Thankfully my parents cared enough to punish me. Otherwise, I never would have learned consequences before it was too late.

·
Registered
513 Posts
yes. absolutely yes. dont you know our opinion carries more weight than the prez cabinet?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Did your reaming include "If you put a dent in my bike, I'll put a dent in you"?

I would contact the school. A reaming was probably enough but a follow up from the school will just reinforce the message.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
About eight years ago some kid threw a rock at my car. Should I have come here for advice, too?
Leave this one alone Brad. This is a valid motorcycle related question, and the question can elicit different opinions from those who ride and those who do not.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Reamed him out? Didn't know thats legal or you were even like that.

Carry an egg with you. Next time you see him, crack it open on top of him.

ORRR

Throw the rock back

Verbal warning to anyone under 17 and they'll probably just laugh at you. Going to the school will result in the same thing, probably nothing

·
Registered
916 Posts
"Back when I was a boy...", such actions were punishable by a bloody nose or a black eye, and you knew it before you threw the rock. Not many people threw rocks. :)

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
"Throw something back" has to be a joke answer.

I'd follow up -- school ------> parents. If they refuse to do anything, I'd try to find a sympathetic police officer to pay the family a "friendly" visit.

The kid probably saw this as harmless fun. Maybe your talk with him made an impression; maybe it didn't. Unlike school, parents, and, if need be, the cops, you do not have any authority over him. Someone with the ability to make his life a holy hell should reinforce your message.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts