Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have an 01 naked and my kick stand leans over way to far. First question is this normal? Next will a second gen stand work.

Jason

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Leans over way to far means that bike falls over. If your bike doesn't fall over then that's how the 1st gen SV side stand works.

:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Curious. My kickstand on my 2001 sv650s is absolutely crazy low. The lean on this thing is insane. It's the leaning tower of sv650s for sure..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It leans further over than I like. It now leans even worse because I installed 1/2 inch up dog bones.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My 2001 naked also has a crazy lean, but i have had the bike since it was new and it was always like that. Plus over the 8 years it has never gone any lower. I have seen other Gen1's with less lean, but i just figured that how my bike was made.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There is a fork at the upper part of the kickstand leg(where the pivot bolt goes thru), remove the kickstand bolt & put the fork in a Lg.vise & squeeze it back together, then reassamble it & your "sportster" lean will be gone.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm probably going to be modding some more GSXR stands really soon.. keep a look out..I'll post up when I'm done.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm probably going to be modding some more GSXR stands really soon.. keep a look out..I'll post up when I'm done.

<----A very satisfied recipient of one of mullerjd's modified GSXR sidestands; highly recommended. :)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm waiting on 3 from Ebay. Unfortunately they are not easy to find cheap. At the going rate with shipping, most are out of the sellable range. As it is now, $45 is kinda high for a kickstand from me but that's basically modding them for free.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I would be interested in one.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Basically anything 600/750/1K from 01 to now except the 00-03 600/750 are what I'm looking for. The 00-03s will work but are slightly shorter..still almost 1" longer than a stock one though.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Let me know if you end up with an extra - I'd like to buy one.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Certainly..it's just a matter of finding enough for cheap enough.. I've probably got about 10 people interested as of now so I guess I better get hunting.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I will keep my eyes peeled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts