Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know how to delete the kickstand safty switch, is it just removing the switch, hard wiring the wires, first bike with the kick stand kill switch would be helpful to know

·
Registered
571 Posts
and why exactly do you want to do this? it is there as an extra safety measure. would you rather be bothered by the bike stalling when you put the bike in first or falling over when you try to turn left because you forgot to put up the kickstand?

i only killed it a few times when i started riding because i forgot to put it up. it really does become second nature to kick it up before putting it in gear.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Short the two wires leading into the switch together. If it's a street bike though, I'd leave it be.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
The decision I made was ..

Is it more embarrassing to stall it in gear?
Or is it worse to dump it trying to take off with it still down?

I left it alone. All it takes is a push of the starter switch to get it going again.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I removed mine to fit my rear shock. It's no big deal. although i did take off once with the kickstand down. realized it before i made a turn. that would've sucked.
probably best to keep it unless its in the way.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Depends, I guess. This is the first bike I've owned with a kickstand switch, clutch switch or neutral safety switch. I've been riding a long, long time and find all these relatively useless. They haven't given me a problem yet, but when they do they'll most probably be hard wired.

If you're less experienced then you should consider the safety these devices offer. Me, I can't get worked up.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
stranger said:
that's how i generally kill the bike when i'm parking it. of course, it's kinda embarassing to continually stall out and not realize that the sidestand is down
its a great way to NOT impress chiks :-[

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
pablo650 said:

im with you. unless you were flying and cam in hard it might spin you...but i dont know? anyone know?
It depends on how hard you snap the bike over. If you're increasing your lean angle gradually it'll just drag a bit and then fold up. If you're throwing it over it'll stick and kick the rear tire off the ground. You know what happens next. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
stranger said:
would it really matter if the stand was down on a left turn? seems to me it would drag a bit and then get pushed up.
i might be alone on this but personnally i'd rather not test that theory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts