Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I never noticed this before but do the 1st gen's kick stand flex outward?? I mean to the left and right an inch or two?? Or has mine just gotten bent and need to be replaced. from sitting on my bike while on the kick stand.

Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
If your talking about the way it slides a little when you put first lean it over then yes, thats normal.

If yours is bending after it has settled... like when you sit on it if it bends more... then you got a problem.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throttlecrazed said:
If your talking about the way it slides a little when you put first lean it over then yes, thats normal.

If yours is bending after it has settled... like when you sit on it if it bends more... then you got a problem.
Well yeah it's slides a bit when I put it on it. I just was cleaning my chain the other day and I wiped down the kick stand while it was retracted upwards and noticed that it had flex left to right. I tightend the bolt on the arm but it still would move left to right some.

But I guess it's a normal thing, just something I never noticed before.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
There's play, but I noticed on mine, I have a bit of excess play. Where the kick stand bolts to the bottom of the engine, the U groove is stretched out. I tightened it up in a vice, but it strectched right back out.

Oh well... Guess that's what I get for running a longer shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts