Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have to really practice shooting macro. Well, here are some of my first shots with the lens:

1)

Found this little guy blown off a tree and hanging on by a thread of silk. I put him on a stick and took some pics. It was a bit windy so a couple shots are a bit shaken.

HEY! I don't care if you have a new lens, I AM NOT A GOOD MACRO SUBJECT!

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Gross. I want to step on dem bugs. Good shots though, and good lookin' dog.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
They're lookin' good Capt.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Here's something for you to try:

If you have a stationary subject, say, in a light booth, and your camera on a tripod, you can make the whole thing come into focus with some practice and multiple shots.

Shoot so that the first pic is focused on the object's point that is closest to the lens. Then move the focus back a bit along its length.

Keep doing this until you get all of it in focus in different frames. Then, with PS's "Layering" tool, you can put them all together such that the whole subject is in focus.

Or you can just shoot at F22-32 or so to get the whole thing in...Need a REALLY bright day/light source or an immobile subject with a LOOOONG shutter speed.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's something for you to try:

If you have a stationary subject, say, in a light booth, and your camera on a tripod, you can make the whole thing come into focus with some practice and multiple shots.

Shoot so that the first pic is focused on the object's point that is closest to the lens. Then move the focus back a bit along its length.

Keep doing this until you get all of it in focus in different frames. Then, with PS's "Layering" tool, you can put them all together such that the whole subject is in focus.

Or you can just shoot at F22-32 or so to get the whole thing in...Need a REALLY bright day/light source or an immobile subject with a LOOOONG shutter speed.
I'll try the focus stacking eventually, I think PS elements can do it. If not, I'll have to fire up the desk top and run CS3.

The only bummer to Olympus is that f/22 is the min aperture. The lens I just got has some diffraction softening past f/11, so I may have to stack at times.

I'll probably splurge for a flash bracket when I get done with my reserve duty... along with a new Olympus body ;)

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to. I have a list of stuff I want to get. Priorities prevail though. :(

How much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking.
$165 for the Olympus refurbished. Probably the best bang-for-the-buck lens ever... ever. It's a fantastic portrait lens too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts