Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of the key codes the same for the same year motorcycle? Like will the key code for my 07 SV650S be the same for my friends 07 SV650S?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i am going to have to say no with no real knowledge on the basis that it would defeat the purpose of the key code. my guess would be it goes by either region that the bike was sold in or plant it was manufactured at or how many were sold that year and it just keeps going up. another idea could be that they make xxxxx amount of locks and it just keeps recycling.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
The key code? Like, the little black plastic tag that you get with the bike with a unique numerical identifier on it?
If it were the same for all of the same year then you'd be able to put your key in any 07 bike and start it.
Im going to have to say no.
Unless Im totally misunderstanding the question (which wouldnt surprise me either)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nvm, I figured it out. I bought the bike used from a dealer and got 1 key. Being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't get a second key made. I lost my only key and just found it. Thx!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
If you have the black tag I was referring to then any dealer can order or have a key made for you as well.
A tip to remember if you ever lose your only key ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, it was used so they didn't have one of those tags. I am going right now to have a second key made lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts