Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I wonder how much they paid the city.
$1 million to the city. Filming took 4 days and was all done during off peak times. They didn't even fully shut down the bridge, rolling blockades were used by police to slow down traffic in both directions to get clear shots.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
$1 million to the city. Filming took 4 days and was all done during off peak times. They didn't even fully shut down the bridge, rolling blockades were used by police to slow down traffic in both directions to get clear shots.
Where'd you get that info? I'd like to read up more on the "how it's made" bit of that.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
I commuted back and forth to school in a 1978 Ford Fiesta, so pretty sure I could pull off most, if not all of those stunts.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I was a huge Vaughn Gitten JR fan, then I saw Ken Block do his thing. That boy is a beast.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
Pretty much all cars are made to handle those jumps, right?
No, it was a bone stock '78, far inferior to Ken's ride, so should give an idea of the extreme level of difficulty and skill required... :)

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I'm almost as impressed with the cinematography as I am with the driving. Almost.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Pretty much all cars are made to handle those jumps, right?
Even after witnessing some rough WRC landings, I was surprised that Ford survived any of those landings without some serious damage.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Even after witnessing some rough WRC landings, I was surprised that Ford survived any of those landings without some serious damage.
Considering they basically strip that "Ford" completely and put parts in it you and I will never be able to afford the only thing Ford about it is the shell. :p

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
I am a big hater of paddle shifters but that sequential transmission is f'n sexy. I want that in my car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts