Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured a separate thread for just Rides would be better than having them mixed into our normal KC Area discussion thread.

So, this weekend March 14-15th looks to be pretty good for some riding!

Kind of short notice I suppose, but what times and places would work for everyone? In the interest of getting the ball rolling, how about:

Sunday 2pm, at the QT @ 58 and Y Hwy?

We could do Blue River Road (maybe meet at Reno's or the QT over there?), or do our much talked about Y-YY-C-2-Whatever. Or, heck, I'd be up for just a cruise around town, maybe get some lunch and get to know everyone?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sunday @ 2 is a no go for me.. wife has a jewelry party to go to..lol
Maybe after, but I don't know what time that will be yet.

Tomorrow, I'd be free until 1 or so.. then maybe after 7. Sunday, it would b after her party deal. But, by all means, don't not get together if I can't make it..lol. Maybe some numbers need to be exchanged? If anyone wants mine, let me know.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So, it's a Saturday, and nobody has posted here, does that mean you guys are still in bed or something? I'm gonna go for a ride today, but I don't think I'll be out too long. Just out and about. Probably gonna putt around Belton for a little while. If anyone else is out, maybe I'll see you.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to do some errands this morning, and now I'm about to change the oil in my bike. I will be out around town this afternoon, might hit Blue River for the heck of it. Look for the naked blue 06 with the guy done up in a silver and black SpaceMan suit! lol.

So, no interest in Sunday afternoon? I'll probably still plan on being at the time I posted, in case any lurkers show up...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paulie and I met up, ran around a bit. I determined my space suit is a bit too warm for today, so came home to switch into my leathers. Heading out now to martin city/blue river/ and then probably over to OPKS for a bit to hang with a pal.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yea, I didn't have much time today to ride, but was still fun. If you plan on riding any tonight.. I'd say your space suit would be good. I just rode back from a friends and it's pretty chilly on the highway.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, I'm interested in a group SV ride.
I'll plan on being at the original posted time/place (Sunday 2pm, at the QT @ 58 and Y Hwy).
I'll check the forum tomorrow before heading down (coming from downtown) to see if plans change.

·
Registered
459 Posts
when I talked to kamicosmos earlier, he was still planning on showing in case someone else showed up. I won't make it... maybe later in the day. But I know others are in the area, just not sure of their availability.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'll shoot you a txt if I am able to get out. Did you get my txt last night?

·
Registered
459 Posts
k.. I wasn't sure since you didn't reply

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good ride today, guys! John and SuixieCat and I met up in Belton. We headed off to do Blue River Road, but ran into Martin City's St Pat's festival. Oops. So, we had to go around via state line and red bridge roads. Ran up the mildly twisty road till about Gregory and something. Hung out for a bit chatting about bikes, then headed our separate ways from there!

Hope to see more you out soon as the weather warms up! Feel free to use this thread as a meeting board to organize rides anywhere in the Metro area, that's why I put it here after all!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good ride Sunday. Yah, the St. Pat's festival kind of got in the way of things. But hey, summer's just getting started and I got to visit an area of town I'm rarely in.
Hoping to see some more SV riders out as the weather gets warmer; it's been a long winter riding alone!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'll be back for spring break this weekend through the following and might be able to make it to a group ride depending on how my schedule works out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice call on starting this thread kamicosmos.... I'm totally up for group rides and I look forward to meeting you all. I was out saturday, but I need that stupid endorsement, so I'm staying on back roads for the most part. I'll be good after april 5th. This is killin' me......

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would be up for a ride but my weekends will be busy till first weekend of April. Ah Blue River Road, the route I take to and from work everyday.

Cheers,
Craig

·
Registered
459 Posts
which lake you going to?

1 - 20 of 257 Posts