Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mostly to get an idea of who, in the area or riding through the area, will be traveling down to the rally. This way, we can get a group together for the trip. If you will be coming through the area, when do you plan to be coming through? I am open as to when I will be leaving. Ideas on the route? Google says that from Peculiar (where I am) to Harrison is about 4 hours. But, I know this route to be barely over 3. Hwy 71 to Hwy 7, Continue on Hwy 13, East on 44, South on 65. The route to The Hub looks like about 20 minutes south of Harrison on Hwy 7. I know some people were talking about meeting up @ Lambert's in Springfield for lunch on Friday. That means we'd have to leave my area around 10. This is mostly just a feeler to see who is going from/through here and get a timeframe so we can stick together.

I have yet to decide if I will be heading down on Thursday or Friday. Depends on the weather and if we can get a group together or not.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I will be heading down on Friday, out of Belton, via Paulie's route. Definitely planning on Lunch at Lambert's in Springfield.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's a 4 hour trip down 125..lol

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
i think it should be about 3 to 3.5, depends on the ferry and how spirited everyone is

(and i may be the slow one by that time of the day ;D )

·
Registered
984 Posts
125 looks incredible on google earth! I've heard about the ferry, which would be cool. I've been on the Staton Island Ferry in NYC. But yeah...dunno if I'm up for extending the drive down that much. I was sort of half thinking I'd bring that route home on Sunday...but....I have a feeling I'm going to be uber-tired by then! So, I dunno...something we'll have to figure out I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
i think it should be about 3 to 3.5, depends on the ferry and how spirited everyone is

(and i may be the slow one by that time of the day ;D )
Babe, you're always s-l-o-w. ;D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll be riding with Kami, whatever we work out. The SV is in track trim and not street licensed so I'll be on the Buell.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Let's see if this works. I made a google map of (one of) the route(s). This is the 'straight shot' route, from Belton to The Hub just outside Dogpatch, AR.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Belton,+MO&daddr=S+MO-7%2FS+State+Route+7+to:MO-13+to:N+36.11346+++++W+93.12447&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdi7SwId7ppj-g%3BFXo_PAIdWG9v-g%3BFTQMJwIdighz-g&mra=ls&via=1,2&sll=37.557642,-93.768311&sspn=3.287483,4.943848&ie=UTF8&ll=37.387617,-93.098145&spn=6.588605,9.887695&t=h&z=7

Lambert's is on the way, at Hwy 65 and CC, right outside Ozark, just south of Springfield.

Once we leave Lambert's, I'm open for input on the route on out from there. I can update this map as we discuss it.

(Interestingly, the same route in Yahoo maps works out to the same mileage, but show a 4 hour trip....)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Even after all morning riding down on slab (last year) it was definitely worth taking 125 the rest of the way. I've done 65 before and it sucked balls and its not that much shorter time wise, at least it didn't feel like it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quick map to show route taking 125 from Ozark (SPARTA!) on down to The Hub. Adds 52 miles, and almost 3 hours per the map. As I was dragging the route around though, it looks like there are several routes down there, and all look interesting, so we might be able to do some of that, and always cut back over to 65 in case time/weather comes up...could go down 65 a bit to 160/76 over to 125, that looks interesting as well....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Belton,+MO&daddr=S+MO-7%2FS+State+Route+7+to:MO-13+to:MO-125+to:MO-125+to:36.257009,-92.699203+to:N+36.11346+++++W+93.12447&geocode=%3BFdi7SwId7ppj-g%3BFXo_PAIdWG9v-g%3BFX9yMQIda1x2-g%3BFdglLQIdBt13-g%3B%3BFTQMJwIdighz-g&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=5&sz=11&via=1,2,3,4,5&sll=36.24815,-92.940903&sspn=0.418083,0.617981&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We should try to get together for lunch or something Saturday to meet everyone and do some planning. It's supposed to be around 65

·
Registered
984 Posts
We should try to get together for lunch or something Saturday to meet everyone and do some planning. It's supposed to be around 65
I have a refrigerator repair man (Actually, the fabled Maytag Repair Man) coming out to do some recall work on my frige. He is scheduled to arrive between 12-5pm Sat. Figures, since sat is going to be the only nice day in like...several. But, I definitely would like to get together and do a little planning. Especially in light of the discussions in the main thread about Friday riding. So, I could meet everyone at like 11 somewhere in town, or after 5. Unless I get lucky and he shows up right at noon and the job takes like 30 minutes...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Changed my plans. I rescheduled my fridge repair because Gail's HD is have a Buell Demo Day on Sat that I want to check out. (haven't ridden another 'real bike' other than my 650...)

If you all are still planning a Rally Trip planning meeting, post up here....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
both sound good to me, may have to check that out up there as well. the only buell I rode was a 250 @ msf. And I am still up for a planning lunch or something is anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
don't really have a plan yet.... someone throw out some ideas.. I'm game for just about anything

1 - 20 of 58 Posts