Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the under engine exhaust is clean looking and the horizontal mount shock is kinda cool

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think it looks pretty sly - what I really don't like is the boomerang-lookin turn signal / fairing pieces - and likewise the rearset plates (that have the passenger pegs) which reflect the same lines... ew. The bananaseat doesn't bug me as much as it does on other bikes tho...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I am not a fan too much. It has nice looks and some striking attributes but really does not hit my fancy.

I think the thing that repels me from this bike is the front. Really does not have the same flow as the rest of the bike. First thing I would do to it would be take the abominable headlights off and the side blinkers/ plastics.

With all that said, I would love to ride it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
its all sleek and cool and whatnot, but then it looks like they just gave up and said "hell, just throw any old seat and tail on there".

im stickin with my sv thanks. 8)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
:twisted: neato...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think it looks great. I prefer single piece seats, and I'm kinda partial to Kawasaki engines too. I'm going to have to take a look at it when it becomes available in my area.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Like the way it looks - but 382 lbs DRY weight! That's one heavy mother...
What's that, like 19 lbs more than the SV? With all the steel I thought it would be a lot heavier than that. If they price it right, which Kawasaki tends to do, I bet it sells real well. Hope they bring it to the States. If they do, I would suspect that the EX500 would be toast though. Never understood a faired bike as a beginner bike anyways.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't forget what parallel twins sound like either...bad, IMO. Ever hear an EX500 with a pipe? :roll: I'm sticking with my SV! :)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
Maritan said:
Like the way it looks - but 382 lbs DRY weight! :shock: That's one heavy mother...
Heavy's relative I suppose.
oh boy.. 19lbs more than the naked sv.. its a pig I tell you.. a pig.. :roll:

swing arm looks cheesy as all get out

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
fuel-injected DOHC Parallel Twin that displaces 649cc.
So what is that in inline 2 or what??

So why don't they just scale down the Z1000 and fix the nut cruching seat. And the standard mount handle bars aren't all that sexy. I'd like something more aggresive. It could be a seller but aftermarket parts to MOD it too are gonna be needed in a big way. But I still think the SVS with black frame is more uber sexy then the Kawa.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah, I went by Talladega Cycle the other day and Ron couldn't wait to tell me all about their new bike that I was gonna trade my SV for. He was only joking, but he did promise me a test ride. I'll let you guys know all the details after they get one in the shop. :wink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts