Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's pretty conservatively styled, IMO.  I think we'll have to see how it's priced.  If it comes in below the SV, I think it could be a real competitor.  

We'll have to see about things like suspension, and how that engine really performs.  I have to believe the SV will have the edge in that dept.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if this will force Suzuki to update the SV again, maybe with better suspension bits and a standard lower fairing on the S.

I?ve never had a parallel twin so I don?t know if I would like the engine characteristics compared to a v-twin.  The rims and the frame are sweet put I think the tail section of the second gen?s is much nicer.

I like the fact that we?ll have more options in the street sport category.    I like SS?s but I  can?t justify the insurance costs up here in Ontario.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really like it. Looks killer. Would rather style went more curvy - not into the angular look - but this one is nice looking.

·
Registered
745 Posts
When they get them in stock, I'll let you guys know all the details. The guys from Talladega cycle have already told me they were gonna steal me away from Suzuki with this bike. We'll see. ::)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks nice. I don't know why you're all down on it being a P-twin instead of V, cheaper and easier to make, don't lose performance, and it should keep things nice and compact. I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
They took a nice distinctive bike and ruined it with full fairings. Insurance companies will love the Ninja name and R badge. Mine didn't want to insure a 250 "Ninja".

·
Registered
16 Posts
The best part I like about it is the under engine exhaust. It's a little too conservatively styled for my tastes though. Would rather see a naked or half faired version but that front end just doesn't do it for me.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Kwak is going to have a hard time selling that next to their own 500. I think it'll make a heck of a track bike though, especially if somebody steps up with a nice light exhaust to fit under the engine like the stock setup. It's just a pity that the insurance is going to be more than it should. They'll still sell plenty of 'em I bet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm assuming this will replace their 500, although I haven't heard anything that says it.
I agree it's tough to market a 500cc parallel twin sportbike and a 650cc parallel twin sportbike.

But I guess Suzuki does something like it with the SV650 and GS500. But those two bike are very different from each other.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I really, really, really hate the rearsets on that thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know if I would make room for it or not. I might after test ride. depends on the fun factor.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts