Registered
1,673 Posts
Parallel Twin... YUCK!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
tonyjuliano said:
Parallel Twin... YUCK!!
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it last night. But, I'm willing to give it a chance - I'm sure they thought about sticking a 636 engine in there tuned for a bit more midrange, maybe they thought they were on to something with the parallel twin?

One thing is for sure, maintenance and upgrades to the engine could be easier.

I really like the underengine exhaust, it cleans up rear end nicely. Now, if only Kawasaki would have left that Katana seat off, the bike would have a great looking rear end.

·
Registered
498 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
I'm sure they thought about sticking a 636 engine in there tuned for a bit more midrange, maybe they thought they were on to something with the parallel twin?
I'm sure they thought that this would qualify for Light Weight Twins as a parallel twin and wouldn't have any racing possibilities with the 636 engine.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it will be an effective SV/FZ6 fighter....

·
Registered
248 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
Boy, is the headlight butt-ugly:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side view - sweet
Front view - Oh my eyes! Make it stop!

Gotta wonder about the aftermarket exhaust for that one.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I LOVE the Benelli... I'm saying the Kawi is a wannabe...

*EDIT* Another pic of the Benelli... niiiiiiiiice...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
ronlarimer said:
AvidSV650Rider said:
I'm sure they thought about sticking a 636 engine in there tuned for a bit more midrange, maybe they thought they were on to something with the parallel twin?
I'm sure they thought that this would qualify for Light Weight Twins as a parallel twin and wouldn't have any racing possibilities with the 636 engine.
Right, but the 636 engine doesn't have any racing possibilities as it is. Why build a new engine when the 636 is perfect for a naked street bike - the perfect FZ6 killer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When will this floating panel crap finally stop? Enough already. The last thing the world needs is another ugly european motorcycle (I know its a kawasaki, but you get the point). Function over form my ass! They are making them ugly on purpose so you'll think they are better performers. Bulshit!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pokey said:
When will this floating panel crap finally stop? Enough already. The last thing the world needs is another ugly european motorcycle (I know its a kawasaki, but you get the point). Function over form my ass! They are making them ugly on purpose so you'll think they are better performers. Bulshit!
What's that thing above the lights? Keeps the bugs off your gauges??

Actually I dig the Triple and the Speed Four - I'm just bustin' your onions...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts