Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I introduced myself on here a week or so ago, but just got my bike today. I rode it around some and I absolutely love it. I will love it more when I get some exhaust. I am thinking yosh carbon slip-on. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

Here are some pics:

I am thrilled to be a part of the club! The bike looks more red in real life than the burgundy in the outside shots.

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Nice bike....

I rather go with a M4 exhaust (and not I don't have an M4 on my bike)

Fender eliminator/undertail

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Very nice. There seem to be several SVR people in your area that you might be able to ride with. Is this your first bike?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments and recommendations.

I am torn between the m4 and the rs-3. I think I just will need to hear them both on similar SVs.

I still need to do lots of research about the best FE. When I do that, I would like to get some really bright tail lights and blinkers (hyper lites?).

tlc4diving: Yes, this is my first bike. I have ridden a few others but never owned one before. So far I couldn't be happier. Yeah lots of KC area riders is good for me, I need to get out and meet some people (just moved here from Oklahoma actually). Where in Oklahoma are you from?

-Brandon

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks for the comments and recommendations.

I am torn between the m4 and the rs-3. I think I just will need to hear them both on similar SVs.

I still need to do lots of research about the best FE. When I do that, I would like to get some really bright tail lights and blinkers (hyper lites?).

tlc4diving: Yes, this is my first bike. I have ridden a few others but never owned one before. So far I couldn't be happier. Yeah lots of KC area riders is good for me, I need to get out and meet some people (just moved here from Oklahoma actually). Where in Oklahoma are you from?

-Brandon
Cool. Becoming a bike owner is such a blast. I'm in Davis, where did you live?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I lived in Tulsa for 23.5 years - the last 5 years of that were back and forth to Stillwater for college. Yeah I cannot stop thinking about/staring at my bike. I am already planning trips in September (bikes blues and bbq in Fayetteville, AR) - totally geeked about the motorcycling lifestyle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice looking Bike!! I like the red on the 07s!

Theres quite a few SVers around KC welcome to the club!
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=96842 - group ride thread
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=91362 - general discussion

If you're looking for a cheaper exhaust option I'd recommend a Supertrapp!
I used universal black cans on my 1000 and love the way they sound. I did have to weld the can onto the mid pipes with a spacer to fill the gap, because i went with the 5" UNIVERSAL 14 " SHORTY,3.5"ID,BLACK. I'm not sure about the ID of the 650s midpipe but I would think you should be able to get one that is close.
http://supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=32

Good luck with the bike and let the modding begin!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Zmachine : I will definitely be game for some KC Metro rides. I just rode for about 2.5 hours today after work and had a total blast. I really really enjoy this bike. The only thing I feel like I want to change is the exhaust (and maybe the suspension - I feel the softness that some speak of - I am ~ 185 lbs).

I'll be keeping my eye out for area rides.

-Brandon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts